Sport Bikes banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
I dont blame the guy. I've had a ton of buyers back out on deals even after shaking my hand in my driveway. No way in hell would I drive an hour, much less 3 or more hours to meet anyone unless they had already wired me money. Even then they better be paying for my time and fuel.

Suck it up, you live in the boonies. You're gonna have to drive. Everything about that 11 screamed abuse to me. Owner profile and mods to the bike all point to someone not treating it well. Maybe not a serious stunter, but I bet the front tire has seen sky more than once. The 13 was probably worth the drive, low miles and stock. Everything you want in a bike.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I dont blame the guy. I've had a ton of buyers back out on deals even after shaking my hand in my driveway. No way in hell would I drive an hour, much less 3 or more hours to meet anyone unless they had already wired me money. Even then they better be paying for my time and fuel.

Suck it up, you live in the boonies. You're gonna have to drive. Everything about that 11 screamed abuse to me. Owner profile and mods to the bike all point to someone not treating it well. Maybe not a serious stunter, but I bet the front tire has seen sky more than once. The 13 was probably worth the drive, low miles and stock. Everything you want in a bike.
Honestly, I can't blame the guy either. I want the bike so I should go get it and long story short, it may just work out in the end.

Yes, as I looked over everything, the '13 is just the better buy. Comes stock, not messed with, owned for less than a year and at that price, it can't be beat. There's not a single '13 w/ABS on cycle trader or all of craigslist for that price and those miles. I will keep everyone updated.

PS, Escondido is a wonderful little city. I am there every year and will be there in July.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
If you're buying, you're driving to where the bike is, end of story. I'm not going to "deliver" a motorcycle to any buyer.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
So, you'd ride a bike, title in hand, to the house of a guy you don't know?

You wouldn't last a week in some places...

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Yea, I wouldn't exactly go riding the bike Mein had just bought off of me to his home in Compton...but he was a nice enough guy. (Don't let the forums fool you.) So riding it from my sketchy Pittsburgh suburb to his sketchy Pittsburgh suburb and dropping it off for him wasn't a big deal.

I have my limits, though. (I did this for the guy that bought my EX500, as well.) That guy lived in the sticks, though, and I brought friends to ride me home.

/threadjack

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yea, I wouldn't exactly go riding the bike Mein had just bought off of me to his home in Compton...but he was a nice enough guy. (Don't let the forums fool you.) So riding it from my sketchy Pittsburgh suburb to his sketchy Pittsburgh suburb and dropping it off for him wasn't a big deal.

I have my limits, though. (I did this for the guy that bought my EX500, as well.) That guy lived in the sticks, though, and I brought friends to ride me home.

/threadjack
This. It depends on the the person and what you believe their character is. Compton....nope lol.

Anyhow, it is a done deal. Bike will be here in a week :)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Only cool people will ride the bike to someone's place for them.
Then they theyll say they need to think about it or they low ball you. Ill go a lil ways to meet someone at a public place instead of my house, but no more than a few minutes away. I did go 15 mins down to the interstate for the guy that bought my wr though. Seemed fair since he came 3 hours to get. Convinced me he wasnt going to waste my time lol.

Anyhow, enjoy your ZX. I really like mine. Well made bikes. The fit and finish isnt always honda pretty, but the mechanical components are well thought out and the motors are great.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts