Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my first bit of 'research' with the new screen. Wind flow is slightly higher than previous, BUT ... it is deflected much better ...IMO ... around you.

I am 5' 11" 200lbs and an aggressive rider, but error on the conservative side.

Old screen -- wind hit me mid chest and thumped good at highway speeds.

New screen -- wind hits me upper chest, throat, but is much softer at same speeds.

So I thought ...hummmmm... where did the wind go? Using my hands at the screen there appeaers to be much more flow around the screen. Then back to gettin it and I do feel a little more on the shoulders, but it is much easier to duck the wind. Cloudy day and I can see through the dark smoke ok, but I ride mostly with a clear mask on my helmet. Dark mask and dark smoke screen may be tough on all but sunny days.

Summary:

I picked this up for the looks and I got what I wanted. I feel a much improved ride from the deflection of the wind around me (perceived?). I am very happy with this $70 range mod.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sounds like exactly what I wanted to accomplish. Something to move the wind just a little more and look good. I think the Yam tall screen just looks a little to... off I guess compared to the stock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts