Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking up on ign.com and came across this article. A few days ago the game, after 4 years of development went gold and is scheduled for an August 3rd release. I went ahead and pre-ordered it from an online software retailer. Can't wait to check this one out, I remember playing a Doom II demo on my friend's computer years ago and thinking it was the coolest thing ever which got me into computer gaming.

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
old news = exciting.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I can't wait, I've been following this game since my senior year in HS. (so sad...that already seems like a long time ago!) This is gonna be one scary game. We'll all probably have nightmares from playing it. It's gonna be sweet!

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
i preordered the first day it went gold. got it from amazon.com with free shipping and no tax! i love scary games, and have been looking forward to this for awhile.

sadly i'll probably have to get a new video card to run with all the eye candy, but i'm going to wait and see how it plays first before i go ahead and get a new card.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Systems requirements have been VASTLY overblown for this game. True, having an AMD64 3800, 4 GB of RAM, and a 6800GT video card will make it look the best....but even recommended specs to get most of the detail on are only like a P4 2.4GHz, 512MB, and a 9700Pro.

Me? I'm not upgrading for the game. I'm eventually going to drop a Athlon64 in my box and crank up some more ram...but my trusty 1900+, 768, and 9800Pro will be more than enough.

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
i know what you're saying. i have a PC i just built around this time last year (AMD, runs at 2.00Ghz/400Mhz FSB with a gig of Mushkin). i have a Geforce FX 5900 which is overclocked to about 450/950 (core/memory speeds) and i still cannot run Far Cry with everything on 'high' and it still be playable with a lot of action on the screen, which makes me think Doom 3 will probably be the same. i'm hoping that the game engine will make all the difference.

:nerd

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Mucho Gonzales said:
i preordered the first day it went gold. got it from amazon.com with free shipping and no tax! i love scary games, and have been looking forward to this for awhile.

sadly i'll probably have to get a new video card to run with all the eye candy, but i'm going to wait and see how it plays first before i go ahead and get a new card.
Have you checked out The Suffering? Pretty freaky game....if you love scary games you have to check this one out!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hell Yeah! It's about time. I have been waiting for this or Half Life 2 for years! Thank God the Rainbow Six games have been keeping me busy all that time. My little circle of friends drag their PC's to my place and we play pretty regularly. I can't wait for something new!

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Yea, i can't wait till it comes out. Doom 2 was one of the first computer games i played. It was at my friends house. I love that game. Use to scare the shit out of us to. Playing at night in a dark room, all into it. It's a great game. I cant wait to play Doom 3. I might go pre-order it tommoro :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been trying to convince my wife to let me buy a new PC for this game but the fact that I just bought the SV makes this arguement a little tougher...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts