Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn I am so pissed. Had my arctic gear laid out, liner in my leather jacket warm sockies and was ready to go. But I woke up this morning and I couldn’t ride in today.

I’m sitting here at my desk with my SBN shirt on and I’m just like…. PISSED It’s been over a week since I’ve been able to ride. Freakin drove the damn cage in today.

If I see a motorcycle…. Hell especially if I see a sportbike today at lunch or on my commute home I’m gonna stop the cage, get out, and stick my own foot in my own ass.

I should have ridden today.

·
Just Kiss The Tip
3,017 Posts
Yeah man I hear you...

lol. I've been counting the number of bikes I see going the other way on the HOV. Usually during peak season you probably see (80+...but I'm not counting then)...Now I only see 3-5. I rode the past two nights and just sucked it up for the cold, but it's just a hassle when I ride into to work only 10-15 mins. I will probably go on my last ride for the season this year on Sunday...any other random rides will be based on nice weather only.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Man sometimes even if it's raining, if it's Friday, I just have to ride. Wouldn't seem like the weekend without my usual Friday cruise home. No better feeling than releasing the stresses of the work week away with the twist of a throttle.

·
Registered
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man sometimes even if it's raining, if it's Friday, I just have to ride. Wouldn't seem like the weekend without my usual Friday cruise home. No better feeling than releasing the stresses of the work week away with the twist of a throttle.
Yeah mang I pussed out. Had all my stuff laid out last night. I was hell bent…
Freakin woke-up late on top of everything else. Wife was like – It’s gonna rain today if it isn’t already. So I did the “puss-shuffle” out to the cage this morning and piled in. It’s my own fault. Dang I am so pissed at myself…

·
Registered
192 Posts
Maybe you should ask someone to stop by in the middle of the night to let the air out of your cage tires. Have them stop by every so often. Get some nice rain gear beforehand though.

·
Part 3 begins
3,660 Posts
Says the guy who is putting his bike away for the Brutal Atlanta Winter this week!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
im not afraid of rain. but riding in the rain in 30-40 degree weather sucks

i ride during rush hour so people tend to be even less aware of riders.

·
Just Kiss The Tip
3,017 Posts
I want to ride...but really it is damn cold outside. Hopefully I can get some seat time early tomorrow morning, but it's supposed to RAIN...

...maybe sunday?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Must have been something about today, I ended up driving instead of riding too. There's always Monday.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
85 and clear here today. :D

·
Are we not men?
9,023 Posts
im not afraid of rain. but riding in the rain in 30-40 degree weather sucks.
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. If your riding gear isn't perfectly water-proof it gets really miserable real quickly.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
ride your bike around the block and see if that makes u feel better. :neener

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
I went to ride the girlfriend's house few days ago for supper... it was 45* when I left during the evening and was only going to get colder. But I didn't want to waste the gas in the truck, I knew the riding season is waning, and I haven't been riding much because I have a hurt wrist in a brace that will hardly move (I had to move my whole arm to go over 1/2 throttle).

The ride in was pretty good, but I stayed way too late, ate way too much, and was exhausted. When I came out it was 34* and windy, my helmet that I left on the bike was almost soaked from the moisture in the air (dumbass), my visor 100% fogged over, and to add insult to injury, the gas station I went by at the onset of the ride home dropped the gas to $2.25 a gallon, making it rather economical for me to have brought my truck and it's toasty warm heat, stereo, lack of a buffeting windblast, and the creamy V8 torque and auto tranny operated with little more than my pinkie and big toe.

I thought it was going to be the longest damn ride of my life... but that small half hour ride turned out to be inside my top five greatest rides with the moon and stars out, crisp night air, and me not so much as missing a single shift, braking point, or perfect line through the curves home. So, fortunately, I didn't let "it" happen to me. :cheers

·
Registered
941 Posts
I sold my FZR Thurs, new bike won't be here til next Friday. I haven't ridden since last Saturday morning. Getting the shakes. In central Texas the winter is not bad until late Jan/Feb.

Been driving the truck in to work and I envy those out riding,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts