Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to attend the Ridesmart Track Day at Texas Motor Speedway on July 11. Well somehow I cut my rear tire on something and had to sit it out.

I was totally amazed by this guy riding a RS125 just carrying so Much corner speed. He would pass 2-3 people on the straits and they would finally catch up before the corners and he would zip off. I just could not believe he was on a 125 he carried speed like he was on a 250.

I was schooled and didn't even ride. :spank

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Aprilia 125 or Honda 125? It's crazy how fast those Hondas are, their 125's run with my Aprilia RS250 because they've got about 40hp and weigh in the sub-200lb range if I remember correctly. Yeah, can't wait to get my 250 GP bike next year! WOOT!

·
Registered
110 Posts
If the track is more technical with shorter straights, put a good rider on a 125 and he/she will be passing the b***** bikes with no problem.
Had a track day this past Sunday and there was a RS125 there spanking some of the litre bikes. Everyone was trying to keep up with him, caused a Ducati 996 to go down cause the rider was trying to catch up to the 125.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a Honda RS125..... I'm was really impressed... Makes me want to get an RS250 and leave the VFR at home...

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Good God yes, I recall reading a article on Hondas 250 GP bike Rossi won on and it was simply mind boggling. well over 100HP with 198lbs..... and people wonder why the 2 strokes are not competive these days.... no one can handle the power delivery Quote from Kenny Roberts circa aprox 1980... The Yamaha TZ 750 is such a brutal bike no human can even come closse to using even 1/2 of its power...... OMG a 4 cylinder stroker 750 works bike Geeeeezus help us... son of a bitch musta changed the earths rotation when wicked on like the old Saturn 5 rockets they actualy affected the rotation of the planet when lifting off.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts