Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 RC51. I have wanted an RC for a long time, and finally got it. I LOVE THE BIKE!!! I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and we have some great mountain roads around here that are fun to carve. I have been experimenting doing wheelies on my RC51. I know, stunting is stupid, but I am just messing around.

I have read the forum about stunting an RC, and I am concerned about damaging it while doing short wheelies. Is there anything I should be aware of. I am not trying to ride looooong wheelies, just pop it up, and let it down gently.

Thanks for your time,
sQuid

·
Registered
321 Posts
sQuid said:
I have an 04 RC51. I have wanted an RC for a long time, and finally got it. I LOVE THE BIKE!!! I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and we have some great mountain roads around here that are fun to carve. I have been experimenting doing wheelies on my RC51. I know, stunting is stupid, but I am just messing around.

I have read the forum about stunting an RC, and I am concerned about damaging it while doing short wheelies. Is there anything I should be aware of. I am not trying to ride looooong wheelies, just pop it up, and let it down gently.

Thanks for your time,
sQuid
You are a disgrace!!!! :spank :flamed

ceh

·
Registered
500 Posts
Congrats on the 51, just picked mine up today #213. Went to the dealer Sat to get an extended warranty and tires on my 03 954 but signed on the RC instead. 29 awesome miles so far and many more to come....can't type gotta go ride. Peace

·
Registered
842 Posts
maaan the rc is no bike to "mess around" with. You should stick to exploiting its strong points. buy a bike for stunting if you want man but stunting an rc is expensive to say the least and just stupid looking as well. Think about it man, you got the two radiators waiting to be crushed, you have pipes on both sides, also its a twin so the thought of starving the front cylander is horrifying for me. anyone with respect for this piece of machinery would never do such a thing with it. im tellin you man, buy a crappy burner bike for stunting if you wanna be squidly. oh and stick with liability insurance, its better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree man, I know its stupid. I love the RC soooo damn much!!! I hate to abuse it. I think I will chill on wheelies until I get a beater inline 4 :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
The RC is a lousy bike for stunting anyways. The only time you should be doing wheelies is powering out of a turn.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but hell we ALL do it once in a while :flipa
Just get up to about 5 grand in second and crank it wide open, and away you will go, and go, and go, and go........ :)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am just concerned about hurting the bike, but I dont think little wheelies to get the ladies panties wet is gonna hurt it? bah

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you had game you wouldn't have to ride your bike like a tool to get the girls panties wet. :flamed :flipa

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its good to see the assholes are out and about... :flipa

How is the weather there in Korea? Havig fun? lol

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm not an asshole. I just have game. :grinbounc

The weather sucks ass. It has rained for like the last 3 weeks. Ain't much to do but get shitty drunk. (in about 5 more hours)

·
Registered
380 Posts
All vehicles in my tagline are in storage right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love my front fork seals too much to go blow them out on a wheelie, that's what I think about that. A 450+ bike plus rider landing on them poor forks like that, no matter how small, will cause damge at some point....aside from the oil starvation to the engine from all the oil stuck at the back of the oil pan while the front is up.......Other than that, it's your bike and your money and your time to take the front end off to get new seals everytime you blow one out.
BUT....they are fun from time to time, that's why I love doing them on my cr250 dirt bike and my bicycle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
drsus said:
I love my front fork seals too much to go blow them out on a wheelie, that's what I think about that. A 450+ bike plus rider landing on them poor forks like that, no matter how small, will cause damge at some point....aside from the oil starvation to the engine from all the oil stuck at the back of the oil pan while the front is up.......Other than that, it's your bike and your money and your time to take the front end off to get new seals everytime you blow one out.
BUT....they are fun from time to time, that's why I love doing them on my cr250 dirt bike and my bicycle.
i couldn't agree with you more drsus. i love my forks and would hate to ruin them by acting like a squid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tarheel,

What mods do you have? My RC is pretty much bone stock and I've never power wheelied the thing in 2nd. Hell, I don't know if it can even power it up in 1st without a little bounce first. Am I sitting way forward and putting too much weight on my wrists or does my bike have something wrong with it. I think its always been that way, since the day I got it home from the dealer

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
tequilaiam said:
Tarheel,

What mods do you have? My RC is pretty much bone stock and I've never power wheelied the thing in 2nd. Hell, I don't know if it can even power it up in 1st without a little bounce first. Am I sitting way forward and putting too much weight on my wrists or does my bike have something wrong with it. I think its always been that way, since the day I got it home from the dealer
Geeze, first post is about wheelies... :pisson Geeze, any liter bike will wheelie. GEEZE!! :neener

·
Registered
5 Posts
V V V said:
Geeze, first post is about wheelies... :pisson Geeze, any liter bike will wheelie. GEEZE!! :neener
I guess that came out wrong. I have no urge to be a better "stunta". I have just noticed that I've never powered the wheel up exiting a 1st or 2nd gear corner even at WOT when everything tells me it should be doing it. I'm trying to figure out if my bike isnt putting out the kinda power it should or if I'm sitting on it wrong. I didnt even realize it was my FP; I've had a login for a while but mostly lurk. So..whats up everybody?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
No problem. Welcome to the board.

What year is your 51? How many miles?

There shouldn't be any reason your front tire shouldn't come off the ground. I won't stunt the RC. At least not until I have a good amount of mileage and I'm about to get the forks redone anyways. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its an 03, about 6000 miles. I've never had it dynoed. Just messing around I've cracked open in 2nd and it doesnt come up when people say that it should. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or not actually twisting the throttle as much as I think. I might get one of those 1/4 turn (or whatever) throttles as a mod before track season anyway...I dont like having to turn my wrist so far down to juice it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts