Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to this Las Vegas police officer, getting rear ended by a police cruiser is entirely your fault.

What has this country become, you sheeples?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Obvious to me was that the cop was tailgating to run the tags prior to stopping the bike for some random infraction.

It just bit him in the ass, and he tried to play it off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Obvious to me was that the cop was tailgating to run the tags prior to stopping the bike for some random infraction.

It just bit him in the ass, and he tried to play it off.

I second that...however on the otherhand that cop would have then lied and wrote a bunch of random infractions (as was his intent to start with) the only thing that stopped this asshat was the fact that the camera would have shown him as incompetant and breaking the law of not having his vehicle under control! after all the bike could have been having problems (just saying) or even stalled and that cop simply wasn't paying attention and hit him (no proper spacing between vehicles here) .
:50cal

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Why did he pull over and stop? I didn't see any lights until after the tap.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Wouldn't you pull over and stop if you were hit?

I bet he also knew it was a cop behind him, since he started riding really defensively halfway through the video. I'm guilty of the same behavior myself.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
He was hit after he stopped though. Or as he came to stop.

The cop was definitely in the wrong. But I don't understand what the rider was up to. He had no apparent reason to stop when he did. Was he stopping in the road for a smoke break? Mechanical issue? Why?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Looks like he was leaving himself a nice gap....the cars in front had brake lights.

Reactions: bassjones

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
He was riding like an asshat, we also have a huge problem with byker boyz running from the cops in Vegas. The cop was probably just trying to get the plate number before lights went on.

Also seems like he was trying to get hit.

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
Reverse the situation, if the bike rear ended the cop, regardless of the circumstances, who would be at fault?

The cop, by his OWN ADMISSION, was following too close for the conditions. He states he wasn't too close, but can't stop fast enough "if the bike hits his brakes".

The cop basically says he wasn't basing his actions/reactions on the bike in front of him, but on the car in front of the bike.

When I'm in traffic, I base my actions/reactions on the vehicle in front of me. Do I watch past him? Sure, but I still am responsible for the vehicle I'm following

I don't care what the traffic in front was doing, I don't care how far or close the bike was. What if the bike's motor had died, and the bike had to stop? Does that justify hitting him? Of course not, at least for us plebes

·
Registered
561 Posts
He was riding like an asshat, we also have a huge problem with byker boyz running from the cops in Vegas. The cop was probably just trying to get the plate number before lights went on.

Also seems like he was trying to get hit.
It looks like he was just letting the car in the left lane with it's blinker on merge in front of him...unless I'm missing something?

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
The cop is in the wrong, but i don't understand why the rider came to a complete stop when the car in front was still moving forward. It's true that the wide angle makes the car look farther, but if you use the car to the left as a reference point then the car in front is still at least 2 car-lengths away.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The cop is in the wrong, but i don't understand why the rider came to a complete stop when the car in front was still moving forward. It's true that the wide angle makes the car look farther, but if you use the car to the left as a reference point then the car in front is still at least 2 car-lengths away.
Before the white car in the left lane turned on the blinker, the distance between the bike and the car in front is more than 1-car length but less than 2-car length (to my eye). That's a completely OK following distance.

The following distance grew as the white car turned on the indicator. To me it seems like a nice gesture by the rider to give the car enough room to change lane.

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
i don't understand why the rider came to a complete stop

It doesn't matter. Irrelevant

Heart flutter. Engine failing. Out of gas. Squirrel in the road

If you or I hit someone, we get ticketed for following too close and/or too fast for conditions

This is inexcusable, and it simply doesn't matter why the bike stopped

1 - 20 of 96 Posts