Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't Forget, Tom. Is Ride To Work Day!!

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
That figures, it's going to he the hottest day of the year so far today. :mad:

Oh well, I guess I'll just put on my gear and tought it out.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Damn ride to work days! Just means I have to leave the house that much earlier to get a good parking spot! :)

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
I've got a job interview today, no way I'm going to be riding.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sheesh is 90 degrees today, and I am riding to work as usual. Got full gear on too. Mesh, that is. Feildsheer mesh jacket, pants, Alpinstars SMX plus boots,. Yesterday I rode to work in full leathers. I keep a couple changes of clothes at work. Sheesh, to tell the truth, I haven't been in my car in 3 months!! :) Been riding both bikes back and forth to work, and weekends, I hit the twistees.. :)

I don't have anytime to waste!! I am using all this chit!! :headbang :headbang

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Hummm, I wonder if they'll let me on base with no lights or mirrors or plates and a number plate on the front. If they agree to let me on, sure I'll ride my bike to work!

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
you mean every day isnt ride to work day im like the mail man rain or shine baby

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I'll be riding, weather permitting.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm packing the rainsuit. Rain or shine I'll be there.

July 19, 2004 – The AMA encourages all motorcyclists to ride their cycles to work on Wednesday, July 21, the 13th annual Ride to Work Day.

Participation in the yearly demonstration is estimated to triple the number of riders on the road, and help show the public that motorcyclists come from all walks of life, work in all occupations, and range in age from teenagers to great-grandparents.

Each weekday in the United States, more than 80 million cars and light trucks commute on American roads, but only about 200,000 of the more than 6 million registered motorcycles are regularly used for daily transportation.

Adding more motorcycles to the mix can help make urban parking easier and traffic flow better, according to Ride to Work, a non-profit advocacy organization. Studies have also shown that urban motorcyclists reach their destinations faster than those using automobiles, and that most motorcycles consume less resources per mile than typical automobiles.

"Riding to work on this day shows the positive value of motorcycling for transportation. For many people, riding is a socially responsible form of personal mobility that saves energy and provides a broad range of other public benefits," stated Andy Goldfine, the event organizer.

For more information, see www.ridetowork.org.

·
Registered
522 Posts
if i fix my bike tonight, I'll be riding :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts