Sport Bikes banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my big gun exhaust on my KLX250S it is less than a year old, and is supposed to be Ceramic Coated so it never chips, cracks, or RUSTS.... stay away from thier products

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Wow...thanks for the heads up....

I haven't heard anything real positive on these yet....I'm planning to stick with pro circuit for my smoker and FMF for my thumper needs.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
I ran a Big Gun on my race quad and really liked it! Never had any issues with rusting or anything though but I am also quite meticulous and cleaned the hell out of anything and everything with it

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Sheesh, that don't look good! :2eek Thanks for the heads up!

Hell, I'll probably stay stock for awhile. I don't like noise (KTM=European=FIM dB regs.=Me don't piss off neighbors so much. :D) and the power gains seem minimal, especially for $800+!!! Lemme spend that on practice and racing! :dblthumb

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
bdrushto said:
Sheesh, that don't look good! :2eek Thanks for the heads up!

Hell, I'll probably stay stock for awhile. I don't like noise (KTM=European=FIM dB regs.=Me don't piss off neighbors so much. :D) and the power gains seem minimal, especially for $800+!!! Lemme spend that on practice and racing! :dblthumb
yeah i just got an FMF Q exhaust for my 2smoke... gotta put the stock header back on though. I found out that the FMF race system that i have on there consists of a header that's longer than the stock header... and the FMF Q is meant to fit on a stocker.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
All of a sudden I'm really happy I didn't buy that Big Gun exhaust for my KTM.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
That may have been caused by whatever you are using/used to clean the bike most likely.... or possibly something you rode though.

Be very careful what you use to wash the bike with. After washing spray it down with silicone make sure it does NOT contain Petroleum products. Keep it away from the brakes. That does 2 things. One it will displace the water in those hard to dry spots and will help keep it looking good and make washing it a simple soap and water job!

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
^so no honda polish?????

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i only use soap and water to wash it... i ride through alot of wet areas, and mud... i havent sprayed anything on it like a cleaning chemical or anything... i usually just spray it off after each ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts