Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never thought I'd be saying it. I'm done commuting on a bike. Probably canyons too. I'll be seriously looking at tracks once I'm healed up.

Wait! Healed up?

Yup. On my way home from work last night, traveling in the carpool lane, some fuck wad decided he didnt want to sit in traffic and jumped the double yellow from a dead stop. My reaction time consisted of oh shit, brake, lock up, wham. Dead center hit to the back of the SUV at roughly 55 mph. Atgatt mother fuckers. I broke my pelvis bone and I'm going in for surgery in a couple hours, but that's it. F4i is totaled and I'm done commuting.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Holy shit man that's terrible! Did you lose consciousness at all? Other than the pelvis just sore as shit? Heal up quick and get a 675r with your pain and suffering money :thumbup:

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
It ain't if you are going to crash it is when. I have been down twice and it is decidedly unpleasant.

Right now you are in the throes of total frustration, anger and pain and have been given a lesson in how dangerous this form of transportation is. Because you commute you are likely a very good rider and have come to the realization (as did I) that no matter how [email protected] hot you are as a rider a little ethylene glycol or oil in a breaking zone will put you on your ass hard.

Why don't you go through the health [email protected] and then make your decision. It may be that commuting isn't for you but eliminating all street riding isn't. I don't commute but I still street ride in unpopulated areas early in the morning and away from major traffic in small (meaning less than four riders) groups.

I have ridden track and have a dedicated track bike. I can tell you that the track is also dangerous and the speeds are higher. Nothing like a major highside to wake you up to chary throttle use.

Good luck brother. Heal up.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
you think that's bad wait until you get ass packed on the track or highside at 110mph

·
Registered
743 Posts
I never fly by still traffic. I limit my self to never going more than 15th faster than the other lane for just this reason.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
Gah fuck.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear this happened to you.

I wish you a prompt and as-pain-free-as-possible recovery.

Never thought I'd be saying it. I'm done commuting on a bike. Probably canyons too. I'll be seriously looking at tracks once I'm healed up.

Wait! Healed up?

Yup. On my way home from work last night, traveling in the carpool lane, some fuck wad decided he didnt want to sit in traffic and jumped the double yellow from a dead stop. My reaction time consisted of oh shit, brake, lock up, wham. Dead center hit to the back of the SUV at roughly 55 mph. Atgatt mother fuckers. I broke my pelvis bone and I'm going in for surgery in a couple hours, but that's it. F4i is totaled and I'm done commuting.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I said the same thing 3 years ago when I sold the street bike and bought a track-only bike.

I just bought another street bike.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Damn, man. Sorry to hear.

Drivers in this country suck so badly. The levels of stupid I see on the roads every day is amazing.

Heal quickly.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
GODDAMMIT DANNY!

Not cool man....not cool.....

you think that's bad wait until you get ass packed on the track or highside at 110mph
Oh fuck off.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now now childdren, this is my goddamn pity party =P

Surgery went well. I've got a plate holding the front together and a screw holding the rear together.fucking hurts like no other and I keep randomly passing out from the pain meds. Thanks all for the well wishes and I'll keep this thread updated.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
This is why I never get on the expressway, fuckers in cars get impatient and whip too much. At least on the streets with lights I can kinda gauge who the fuckstiks are gonna be by all their head movements and creeping toward the lane lines. Hope you get well soon and don't have any chronic pain. Keep us updated :)

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
One thing I forgot to mention that also contributed to my decision to quit street. I won't be able to walk for six weeks. Which means I'm Unable to take care of my son, and I'm likely to spend Christmas in the hospital.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts