Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let all the donators know you are in my database and it is updated. However I have a few people that sent a donation with there first and last name however I dont know there username on the board.. so please.. if you have donated.. send me a PM with your real name and then I know who you where.. And you will get the member access and contributor flag.

Membership accounts will be made tonight. Access to the Members only section will be made tonight also. PLEASE ALLOW THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS FOR ACCESS :)

I just wanted to thank everyone for helping out on the website. The hard work in keeping the posts going and the hard work in making sure this is a great place to be.

Flags and so forth will be done tonight and tomorrow.. just to give you a update.. thanks again!

Fred
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
$5, if I recall.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
730 Posts
TheWraith said:
$5, if I recall.
Well then, I want $15 of mine back! J/K. Seems to me that I've learned enough from others (and probably pissed them off once or thrice) on here that my $20 was well worth it. How about one of the contributor perks is some kind of scramble so I can view the Biker Babes and Cubby Hole forums incognito at work. :2fingers
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
vuu16v said:
How about one of the contributor perks is some kind of scramble so I can view the Biker Babes and Cubby Hole forums incognito at work.
I'm afraid the laws of audit trails just don't work that way. Even if he were to dword encode the URLs via PHP, Javascript, or any other feasible method, your corporate monitoring solutions will still log, translate, and be able to report on your access.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
TheWraith said:
I'm afraid the laws of audit trails just don't work that way. Even if he were to dword encode the URLs via PHP, Javascript, or any other feasible method, your corporate monitoring solutions will still log, translate, and be able to report on your access.
the URL's are already encoded by htmlspecialchars so the URL on Corporate scanners will always be sportbikes.net/forums/blahblahblah .. its not like it would be a module that would say sportbikes.net/forums/module?=Cubbyhole.

The only thing he is going to get busted on is the link from the pictures, usually if they are attachments he is in the clear, however if they are from playboy then he is screwed.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
730 Posts
Wow fellas, I was just kidding. I'm a software 'tard and didn't think it was possible.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
MaxOwner said:
the URL's are already encoded by htmlspecialchars so the URL on Corporate scanners will always be sportbikes.net/forums/blahblahblah .. its not like it would be a module that would say sportbikes.net/forums/module?=Cubbyhole.

The only thing he is going to get busted on is the link from the pictures, usually if they are attachments he is in the clear, however if they are from playboy then he is screwed.
Any enterprise class monitoring solution does both URL and context string parsing. That being said, most solutions have canned reports pertaining to file types; in this case, *.jpg, *.gif, *.png, etc. Administrators are quite fond of seeing who has viewed the most KB in *.jpg on any given week and peeking around with absolute curiousity as to what huge imagery they've been looking at. View enough images or visit enough HTML pages with images embedded into them and you're going to end up in the "Top 10" users list easily. It's not like content filtering and monitoring solutions tickercount exact URLs witih /forums/blahblahblah...as 1. They index base URLs and provide context statistics. How many times and by whom, have people browsed websites with the term "webmail" included in the URL? Stuff like that. If nothing else, viewing large quanitities of page with images are going to place you on the applicable bandwidth related reports.
 

·
______ETA B4U______
Joined
·
1,990 Posts
TheWraith said:
Any enterprise class monitoring solution does both URL and context string parsing. That being said, most solutions have canned reports pertaining to file types; in this case, *.jpg, *.gif, *.png, etc. Administrators are quite fond of seeing who has viewed the most KB in *.jpg on any given week and peeking around with absolute curiousity as to what huge imagery they've been looking at. View enough images or visit enough HTML pages with images embedded into them and you're going to end up in the "Top 10" users list easily. It's not like content filtering and monitoring solutions tickercount exact URLs witih /forums/blahblahblah...as 1. They index base URLs and provide context statistics. How many times and by whom, have people browsed websites with the term "webmail" included in the URL? Stuff like that. If nothing else, viewing large quanitities of page with images are going to place you on the applicable bandwidth related reports.
How do they view the files? Do they check my temporary files or do they hit the link for the .jpg. I work at a corporation that says they will monitor. I never look at anything bad but I know I am on this site way more than I should. The only time I have heard of anybody getting in trouble is for e-mails which I always use my hotmail for or looking at porn.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
You'd have to be a very small company to have someone manually checking local files on each computer, either physicall or remotely. Monitoring solutions sit in-line, between you and the Internet. You'll either pass by them via a passive network tap, spanned switchport, or even transparently proxy through them. Any company with their head not up their arses will deploy a solution that you aren't able to "get around". Monitoring local temporary files is not a solution.

As you browse the Internet you're likely proxying through the monitoring solution that captures your traffic once your TCP session is established. However, monitoring Hotmail is more like monitoring HTML than email, as it's web based. In this regard, the "hotmail.com" page and the technology to monitor it would be no different than "sportbikes.net".
 

·
______ETA B4U______
Joined
·
1,990 Posts
TheWraith said:
You'd have to be a very small company to have someone manually checking local files on each computer, either physicall or remotely. Monitoring solutions sit in-line, between you and the Internet. You'll either pass by them via a passive network tap, spanned switchport, or even transparently proxy through them. Any company with their head not up their arses will deploy a solution that you aren't able to "get around". Monitoring local temporary files is not a solution.

As you browse the Internet you're likely proxying through the monitoring solution that captures your traffic once your TCP session is established. However, monitoring Hotmail is more like monitoring HTML than email, as it's web based. In this regard, the "hotmail.com" page and the technology to monitor it would be no different than "sportbikes.net".
What about http://www.megaproxy.com/ ? I don't use it because it looks like I'm trying to hide something but it says that it hides your viewing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
TheWraith said:
Any enterprise class monitoring solution does both URL and context string parsing. That being said, most solutions have canned reports pertaining to file types; in this case, *.jpg, *.gif, *.png, etc. Administrators are quite fond of seeing who has viewed the most KB in *.jpg on any given week and peeking around with absolute curiousity as to what huge imagery they've been looking at. View enough images or visit enough HTML pages with images embedded into them and you're going to end up in the "Top 10" users list easily. It's not like content filtering and monitoring solutions tickercount exact URLs witih /forums/blahblahblah...as 1. They index base URLs and provide context statistics. How many times and by whom, have people browsed websites with the term "webmail" included in the URL? Stuff like that. If nothing else, viewing large quanitities of page with images are going to place you on the applicable bandwidth related reports.
yes that was my point.. Pictures in the form of Attachment's on SBN will still come back as SBN blah blah blah, if i attach a picture that says 123.jpg that is the only thing a corporate monitor will pick up, not the content itself. However its too risky to go into a forum such as the Cubby Hole and try to hope one of the files is an attachment and the name of the file doesn't refer to anything pornographic.

Safest way is to go surf the web on your boss computer :D if you want you could install VNC or Remote Admin on his computer.. so when he leaves you can surf the web from his terminal, however network logs will show that you did access his computer.. hmmmm
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
Nevrsumr22 said:
What about http://www.megaproxy.com/ ? I don't use it because it looks like I'm trying to hide something but it says that it hides your viewing.
The URLs cited while using megaproxy are as such:

That being said, within the URL is still the "bad sites" you might be going to and the content engines will still retain visibility of your activity as if you were going there directly. As an example, we block all access to any URL that contains "mail".

webmail.aol.com is just as blocked as vip.megaproxy.com/go/http://webmail.aol.com is.
 

·
______ETA B4U______
Joined
·
1,990 Posts
TheWraith said:
The URLs cited while using megaproxy are as such:



That being said, within the URL is still the "bad sites" you might be going to and the content engines will still retain visibility of your activity as if you were going there directly. As an example, we block all access to any URL that contains "mail".

webmail.aol.com is just as blocked as vip.megaproxy.com/go/http://webmail.aol.com is.
Well how come I can get around the blocks my company has thorough that site? I have only used it to get to video game sites like IGN or blockbuster to check out reviews of games before I leave work to rent one. I don't want to push my luck getting around the system. I can't get to them through IE without megaproxy.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
Lots of possibilities. Are you aware of the specifics that you company is blocking? Is it base URL? URL Context? Content checking? ...IP address? Not all blocking technologies are on par with monitoring technologies. Without having intimate knowledge of how your particular company's blocking capabilities are defined, or even what product they're using, I'm inclined to believe you're able to circumvent attempts to stop access because it is only checking destination IP addresses based on a reverse lookup of your destination and/or context of your remote destination.

"megaproxy" is actually your destination, in this example.
 

·
______ETA B4U______
Joined
·
1,990 Posts
TheWraith said:
Lots of possibilities. Are you aware of the specifics that you company is blocking? Is it base URL? URL Context? Content checking? ...IP address? Not all blocking technologies are on par with monitoring technologies. Without having intimate knowledge of how your particular company's blocking capabilities are defined, or even what product they're using, I'm inclined to believe you're able to circumvent attempts to stop access because it is only checking destination IP addresses based on a reverse lookup of your destination and/or context of your remote destination.

"megaproxy" is actually your destination, in this example.

They use websense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
984 Posts
Hey Fred, I sent you an e-mail a couple of days ago. I was just inquiring if you've received the payment I did from Paypal for the donations and for the T-Shirt? Paypal somehow, have not given me a confirmation.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
i don't have my contributor flag back.....:( i can send more money if need be :)
 
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Top