Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard it is on June 2nd. Is it worth going to? I been thinking about checking it out when I am done with work.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
It's interesting. If anything it's fun to watch cops pull people over. I think I counted like 12 squads or so last year sitting around.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Yeah. It was(n't) loads of fun a year or two ago when the dude on the bike got creamed by a phone-yacking cager right in front of the place.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Rogue6 said:
It's interesting. If anything it's fun to watch cops pull people over. I think I counted like 12 squads or so last year sitting around.

yeah the cops were out all over but the good thing about that is people slowed down alittle (I think) there was a few times the stopped traffic for a group to leave. Even with all those cops it doesnt seem to get people to chill out ne

·
Registered
878 Posts
Squid fest 2005. It's a sight to see them all gathered in one place, like a commercial fisherman's dream.

I might have to actually stop by to witness the carnage. I'll be the guy wearing the helmet, look for me :lao

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
FZ1 Matt said:
Squid fest 2005. It's a sight to see them all gathered in one place, like a commercial fisherman's dream.

I might have to actually stop by to witness the carnage. I'll be the guy wearing the helmet, look for me :lao
I'm on the same page as you man...might check it out, and I'm definately gearing up for that obstacle course. :neener

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
FZ1 Matt said:
Squid fest 2005.
So true, Matt... so true!

I, however, will definately be there because it's a fun time... and I cleaned up at race trivia last year, so I won a bunch of stuff (not only was I the only guy that could pronoince John Cocinski - I was probably the only guy to ever hear of 'em).

Funny thing, though... I run into a bunch of people I went to Hich School with at Squid Fest... whad'ya know?

...and Tom, that squid comment does NOT include you!

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I might come down and check it out. It all depends if I'm getting drunk up at RA. :alky

·
50cc's of Honda power!
793 Posts
i posted a video i made awhile back from 2 years ago. it was all fun and games until the one guys brand new 955i went sliding down bluemound after a wheelie gone bad. then the police showed up.

mmmm. i can still picture that cute brookfield policewoman.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'll be there with bells on. I hate that its such a squidfest, but I love that there are so many people there. Plus you cant miss out on the super tire-popper burnout they do every year.

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Murf99 said:
...and Tom, that squid comment does NOT include you!
Dude, its like I keep telling ya. I got the Gixxer for posing only, not for riding. Thats why there are so few miles on it. So Im cool with being called a squid.

I want to get the Gixxer dynoed. Im hoping for high 120's at the wheel. Switching to full synthetic this weekend and probably replace the plugs to NGK CR9EK's. That should do it. I might leave the plugs stock, since I probably have to order them, but we will see. Supposedly they have shown a 1-2 hp difference because they take up more room in the combustion chamber, effectively increasing your compression ratio. Who knows if its true.

I wish I would get my 636 in time however because I would like to have that dynoed as well, just to see what kind of power it has and how the fuel mapping is on it.

But in other words, Im going. Last year I won a huge ass HJC helmet (size XXL) that has done nothing but sit in its box for a year. I really need to put that up on ebay or something. Maybe this year I can win something I can actually use.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
How much are they charging for dyno runs?

·
Professional Mixologist
479 Posts
I think last year it was like $30 bucks but I'm not positive. Each year that I ahve gone some asshat busts his shit infront of the place. I might go this year just to see all the interesting people. If anyone wants to meet up, just let me know.

·
1,752 Posts
Scorpion954RR said:
I think last year it was like $30 bucks but I'm not positive.
I thought it was $25. They do like 4 pulls I think. Then you get a print out and can talk with them about tuning and stuff.

But it only shows horsepower and A/F ratio. No torque curve, unfortunately.

·
Registered
508 Posts
VTEC_EATER said:
I thought it was $25. They do like 4 pulls I think. Then you get a print out and can talk with them about tuning and stuff.

But it only shows horsepower and A/F ratio. No torque curve, unfortunately.

HP = ( Torque x RPM ) / 5252 right?

Do you really need a torque curve?

Also... I wonder what engine managments systems are available for my bike, which I could tune myself, as I have a wideband sitting in my garage wanting to be used :).

·
1,752 Posts
dorao said:
HP = ( Torque x RPM ) / 5252 right?

Do you really need a torque curve?

Also... I wonder what engine managments systems are available for my bike, which I could tune myself, as I have a wideband sitting in my garage wanting to be used :).
Yes, but plotting all that would suck.

I have an SDS efi EM3 4F sitting here. Ill sell it to ya for $1300. 3 bar map sensor, so you can boost your RR to 30 psi if you like. Good god would that bike be unridable.

Do you have an O2 bung welded on your exhaust? That would be cool to get accurate on the fly A/F readings for initial tuning, but since your bike is already pretty close from the factory, I think dyno tuning is the last step with that bike. I think a PCIIIr, or whatever they have out now, is probably your least expensive option, but you can go nuts and put on stand alone engine management if you like, like I posted just above. But thats getting a bit nuts for a NA street bike, ya know.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts