Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow.

This is amazing to me. A friend of mine and I were just talking about how solid of a back he's becoming on Friday...then I go to ESPN.com tonight and this is the main headline. I can't believe he's calling it quits already.

More power to him though. He says he's happy now. That's what's most important to everyone I guess, being happy.

Source is here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1846012

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
No shit. I wouldn't think he would be retiring all ready.

Dosn't he look like the predator with his intense hair? :twofinger

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Ricky is a fucking headcase. He has been ever since he came into the league. It upsets me to see a athlete in his prime calling it quits like this. But I guess in the end if he's happy with his decision then nothing else matters.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Lets see, maybe he's just hoping to be compared to barry sanders. yeh right fool. when dopes like him retired early, no one gives a rats ass. go on man. btw, wasnt he just shown wearing a womans dress not too long ago?

edit: ok. should have read the article first..yes he did wear a dress...yes, he is a head case.

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
DAAAAAAMN!!!!!!!!! Bet that made alot Miami fans PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bet he goes and tries to play baseball next. That sounds like him though, like Jake said, he ain't all there sometimes.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Well he was going to be playing for "free" for 4 games this year due to his little habit so maybe that had something to do with it.

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
Please don't compare Williams to Barry Sanders .......... Sanders was fed up with the losing ways of the Lions management .........just like the fans. They wouldn't trade him either so he did the only thing he could do after a decade+ of playing hard and getting no support from the owners of the team........ Barry was brilliant.........

·
Registered
524 Posts
I dont think it too cool to quit on a team when you are still under contract. Guys counted on his running game and the team is scrambling to find a replacement.

This dude has never suffered through working at Taco time, assembly line, cleaning, moving furniture for money. He will never know how well he had a source of income.

See ya, and dont come back.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Sucks for Miami! Don't be surprised to see Rickey try to come back in a year.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Was surprised to see this as well...yea he does have some "issues" at times it was pretty bad..he wouldn't even leave his house the entire off-season for fear of interacting with other people. I'm sure the weed had something to do with it. Not sure what he was going to do now..i don't believe he's a "smart" man

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wow.Williams is :nuts ....That is really a surprise but he does have alot of issues. I def. would not be surprised if he tries to make a return in a year or two either.
What a way to stick it to Miami too.

·
Registered
140 Posts
What a way to stick it to Miami too.
Yeah it sucks. :mad: He might be back next year.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Does he realize has responsibilty when he signs a contract. Fine leave when the contract is up but dont Fook over a team just cause you want to sow your wild oates in Asia.

If you need that just spend a week in Bangkok. Damm, with high pay comes higher standards isnt that right? I expect more character from people making millions.

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
i don't blame someone like him for quitting. he is set financially and football is a very injury prone sport. most of the time tho players want to win the superbowl and that's their motivation for taking the big hits for the team. guess he didn't care about that tho. :dunno:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ten million dollar talent... ten cent brain.

·
Registered
317 Posts
fuck a ricky williams.

·
Registered
22 Posts
He failed a drug test... knew he was screwed to play so retirement was the easy way out...Also didn't he announce his retirement in Hawaii??
GO CHIEFS GO!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Kawa-ZX9 said:
I dont think it too cool to quit on a team when you are still under contract. Guys counted on his running game and the team is scrambling to find a replacement.

This dude has never suffered through working at Taco time, assembly line, cleaning, moving furniture for money. He will never know how well he had a source of income.

See ya, and dont come back.
+1 on that. Hopefully he'll blow through all his cash, Mike Tyson style, and have to learn what it's like to work a shit job.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts