Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys ever cough up the $3 to help in the Presidential Campaign Fund?

Just curious what you think when you see that "check box".

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Never have...don't even give it a second glance.

I plan on doing the Turbo Tax thing this year.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
No...

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
HA!

no

*edit*... correct me if I'm wrong here, but the donation comes from MY refund (read- free loan to government) dollars right? Maybe if it I could allocate $3 from the tax I paid in I would do it.......... nah I still wouldnt :bitchslap

·
Registered
79 Posts
Rascus said:
Never have...don't even give it a second glance.

I plan on doing the Turbo Tax thing this year.
I used the online turbo tax this year and it was pretty useful. Didn't have to go to the store to buy the program and it was free to e-file.

As for the $3, I don't do it either. I'll wait until I find a candidate I support and make my contribution directly. I'd hate to think my money was going to support someone I don't.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
FormerHR said:
As for the $3, I don't do it either. I'll wait until I find a candidate I support and make my contribution directly. I'd hate to think my money was going to support someone I don't.
Ok, first the money doesn't come out of your pocket. Assuming I remember correctly the $3 is not deducted from your refund nor added to your tax directly.

Perhaps you should think about it more from the perspective of campaign finance reform. I don't know if this approach is really an answer or not. On a gut level I feel that somehow money and the election process need to be decoupled in order to provide a greater possibility for grassroots campaigns and a break from the stranglehold of the two-party system.

However upon more reflection it is also not evident to me how you would weed out the noise from campaigns with inadequate support to raise funds either! Local runoff elections? Seems like a lot of people agree reform is needed but apparently "reform to what?" is still ultimately unknown.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
FormerHR said:
I used the online turbo tax this year and it was pretty useful. Didn't have to go to the store to buy the program and it was free to e-file.
Glad to hear. First time using it. Tired of getting raped on "processing" fees by H&R. Plus it's guarntee'd so I should be good.

Fargin_Bastige said:
On a side note, I had an accountant that was also a prostitute. She totally screwed me on my taxes.
wheres a set of drums when you need it. :lol

·
Ooh lawd!
8,466 Posts
H&R is such a scam - just buy TaxCut and you can do the exact same thing the $8 an hour H&R block employees do - read the questions and fill in the blanks.

I'm pretty sure the $3 does come out of the refund amount. Just check the box and see how Turbotax recalculates your refund (or in my case balance...). Why I would want them to take 10 cents more of my money for another pointless gubment project is beyond comprehension.

Will someone force the FairTax through this year please?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts