Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the stickers from the gas tank and swing arm. The tank was easy enough. The swing arm, however, the first sticker showing specs of the bike...I kinda jacked up on that. The clear adhesive on top came off, so I had to keep scratching w/my nails. =( There are some marks left over that you can see, but only if you stare. To alleviate, I put a alpinestars emblem sticker on there, but I wished to have a sticker-less swingarm. The tire pressure sticker, though, came off like a breeze.

Oh well, still looks cleaner than before. Just not as clean. =P

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Not as bad as me....when I removed mine, I used some solvent on a rag. The rag had dried grout on it that I didn't notice because of the dirt. Scratched the hell out of my swing arm. Luckily, the power comander decals that I was going to put there covered them up, well mostly. Double duhhhhh!

·
Registered
159 Posts
There's a glass cleaner available here (maybe everywhere in the US?) you can get it at CostCo and Ace Hardware, maybe other places. It's called Sprayway, in a generic-looking blue and white aerosol can. The ingredients are relatively mild, alcohol, water, and a sh*tload of detergents. This stuff is awesome for removing stubborn stickers. It actually breaks down the adhesive without damaging paint, crazing plastics, etc.. Might be worth a shot for those still looking ahead to removing their factory stickers.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I got so frustrated with the swingarm sticker removal, so I took a razor blade to them like I've done MANY times before. Unfortunatly that swingarm is not perfectly flat which led to 3 or 4 small scratches from the razor.

Triple DOH!!!

You can't see them unless you are within a foot of the bike anyway, so it looks fine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
At work we remove stickers with a heat gun, with just a little heat the glue on the stickers breaks down and they come off real easy! Hope this will help.

Robb

·
Registered
72 Posts
fz6java said:
At work we remove stickers with a heat gun, with just a little heat the glue on the stickers breaks down and they come off real easy! Hope this will help.
You can also use a hair dryer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
removed the alien arms they call front signals

thanks to the help of an FZ6 owner and this awesome web site i remover the stock turn signals and mounted them inside where the head lights are. it looks so much better then stock and with the silver bike i know ill break some speed records hahahah

1 - 8 of 8 Posts