Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm obviously new to bikes, but I passed the MSF course a few weeks ago and I already got my license. I was just wondering if the "regular" sportbikes(eg. R6, CBR, gixxer) have fuel supply valves like the bikes at the MSF. I couldn't see if there was one in my brocures I have so I was just wondering.

If not, then I guess to start the bike you go thru "INE-C" instead of FINE-C huh.

Thnx

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
If it doesn't have a manual valve, it'll have one that's vacuum operated...meaning, it opens/closes it by itself.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TRaGiK said:
If it doesn't have a manual valve, it'll have one that's vacuum operated...meaning, it opens/closes it by itself.

Yah I figured that, I guess what I mean is do they have manual adjustments, On/Off/Res.

Thanx

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Most newer 600cc + bikes have vacuum operated fuel valves as mentioned above plus either fuel low lights or gauges to tell you when to get gas.

No reserve. You need to pay attention to the light or gauge.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Mine has on/res/prime. On and res work on a vacuum principle as has already been mentioned. Prime just lets the fuel flow free into the carbs and in my experience isn't good for anything except flooding it out and fouling plugs.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
My '01 ZX6R has the ON/OFF/Reserve.. no fuel gauge or light. If you are starting on a 250 or 500, those will have the fuel valve. Newest 600's do not.

·
Are we not men?
9,012 Posts
Fuel injected bikes don't have a fuel-flow valve, they have a fuel pump. If the fuel pump doesn't run, the engine gets no fuel - not even by gravity.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
OldSchlPunk said:
Fuel injected bikes don't have a fuel-flow valve, they have a fuel pump. If the fuel pump doesn't run, the engine gets no fuel - not even by gravity.

+1, thats basically what it boils down to. My old gixxer had a on/off/res valve, but my tillis does not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts