Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
MSRP is $14,999... I guess that the $2000 + $240 a month is OTD, which would make a total of $16400.

Hard to tell without knowing what interest rates you're getting, doesn't sound too bad.

But, what about a 2014? It's the same thing, different color, and these guys in FL have them for less than MSRP:

2014 Kawasaki Ninja Zx-14r Abs, Kissimmee FL - 112300428 - Cycletrader.com

2014 Kawasaki Ninja Zx-14r Abs, Orlando FL - 112356569 - Cycletrader.com

Bus ticket to get to the dealership and just ride it home ;) BTW, be prepared to get lectured by the financial responsible guys that would never finance a motorcycle.

On a side note: Damn you and your cheap motorcycles and low interest rates. Here the ZX-15 is $20,684 OTD and if you finance it, the interest rate will be around 25%.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Seems a bit high to me. I'd go with 2014's also. I got mine a yr old but new and got it for $12k approx. sure, it didn't have ABS, but don't really care. at the time, it was the best deal within 1000 miles.

If you don't care about the distance to the bike, I'd agree... take a bus to the dealership, buy it and ride it back. THAT would be flippin awesome!!! I actually almost did that, but the vacation time I had to burn to do it was too important. Someday, I hope I get the chance. It would be cool as heck for a ride report. let us know what ya do. :banana:banana

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thing is its so easy to find out the invoice price of a car by going to truecar.com etc. There is no resource like that for motorcycles so you have no idea how much they have room to budge on a bike.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
check out Motorcycles - Scooters, Dirt Bikes, Choppers, Sport Bikes, and Other Motorcycles for Sale - CycleTrader.com I've seen some killer deals on there.

last winter 2014 R6. 8200 otd. I called to verify the info. at a dealer about 200 miles from me. local dealer cost for it is 10,500. I would of drove 400 miles no problem to save that much.

shop around for other loans. sometimes the loans from the dealers are not that bad of interest, sometimes they're a bit too high. my bike was 3.9% when I bought it. no bank or credit union could come close at the time. and most of those from dealers don't require full coverage insurance. in case you're thinking of racing it etc. just throwing that out there. I honestly don't think full coverage is worth it after the first year. you'll end up paying about 2/3 of the price of the bike on insurance.

I'm sure I'm going to catch all kinds of hell for saying that lol

·
Registered
848 Posts
check out Motorcycles - Scooters, Dirt Bikes, Choppers, Sport Bikes, and Other Motorcycles for Sale - CycleTrader.com I honestly don't think full coverage is worth it after the first year. you'll end up paying about 2/3 of the price of the bike on insurance.
I'd agree in some cases. Glad I'm not one of them. Full coverage is $31/mth w/ 500 deduct. Do agree that there is some point that having Full Coverage is pointless if you can have lesser. Now THAT I haven't been lucky on. every loan I ever got required Full Coverage the life of the loan (unless it was under $2k).

Good luck and Enjoy!

Scot "Z"

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Why buy new? You can have a left over for thousands of dollars less and still have basically the exact same bike.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
I'd agree in some cases. Glad I'm not one of them. Full coverage is $31/mth w/ 500 deduct. Do agree that there is some point that having Full Coverage is pointless if you can have lesser. Now THAT I haven't been lucky on. every loan I ever got required Full Coverage the life of the loan (unless it was under $2k).

Good luck and Enjoy!

Scot "Z"
OK, let me rephrase what I said.

Damn you and your cheap motorcycles, low interest rates and cheap insurance.

I pay $1000 a year for my Versys 650 for full coverage, $500 on my GSX-R 600 for liability, theft and medical.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
OK, let me rephrase what I said.

Damn you and your cheap motorcycles, low interest rates and cheap insurance.

I pay $1000 a year for my Versys 650 for full coverage, $500 on my GSX-R 600 for liability, theft and medical.
I have a really hard time believing some of these guys about their insurance rates. I have a clean record. my last speeding ticket was gone after 2007. none since.
and they still want $1000 a year for a 2003 R6. but liability...lol $90 a year. so it's the price of fixing the damn thing and theft that's making it high. not my driving.

when i first got it everyone was quoting me $2-2300 a year on a clean record. $200 a month.

·
pick your poison
2,972 Posts
Age of rider,size of bike,regions are what I was told yrs ago from State Farm.

$38 a month full cov on my 14R.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts