Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Dirty Sanchez
Joined
·
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found this craigslist ad:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/306875397.html

Ok everyone...I need a Title, for a 2003 CBR600RR. I DONT care if it was salvaged...or whatever. I just need the PAPER Title. Doesnt matter what state. Perfect chance for you guys that parted out or crashed your CBR and have the title layin around. Sell it to me! Cash paid!

so, is this stolen? or is there another reason why someone would want this?
anybody have their cbr stolen in the philly area lately?
just thought i should post this up...
apor
 

·
It's good to B-King
Joined
·
3,290 Posts
Maybe he needs to get the bike inspected to pass inspection and needs a title? (I'm being nice and thinking he is honest).

Of course, there is the aggravating little details of that title not matching the VIN on the bike.

I'd say he's definitely going to do something illegal, if he hasn't already.

My money is that it is a stolen bike.

edit: If you are nearby you might want to direct this to the attention of the LEOs. If it really is a stolen bike, it would be nice to see it recovered for whomever it was stolen from.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
100% stolen Why else would you need to Buy A Title? I hope this asshole gets busted. Rightful owner could file for a new one.
 

·
Cheshire Cat
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Filing for a new title takes a hell of a lot longer and it's a huge hassle. I wanted to buy a title for my RE5 when I got it because it would've been much easier than getting a new one. I ended up not finding one and applying anyway. But this guy sounds entirely too desperate for a new title to be legit. I vote stolen bike.
 

·
old member
Joined
·
13,079 Posts
lemosley01 said:
Maybe he needs to get the bike inspected to pass inspection and needs a title? (I'm being nice and thinking he is honest).
Isn't this only slightly less dishonest? :)

I'd bet $$ on stolen, but what an idiot. In any case, not legal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,389 Posts
rusaccord said:
Filing for a new title takes a hell of a lot longer and it's a huge hassle. I wanted to buy a title for my RE5 when I got it because it would've been much easier than getting a new one. I ended up not finding one and applying anyway. But this guy sounds entirely too desperate for a new title to be legit. I vote stolen bike.
Much easier until you're vin doesn't match the title and you go to jail eh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Even with title that matches the descripion of the bike it's not gonna mean shit if the vins don't match. Even if he was to alter the title to change the numbers it's still in the computer what the number originally was.
 

·
Cheshire Cat
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
New title requires a bond, and that's $100 minimum, depending on your bond company.
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
With the new title he can restamp the frame and make the bike "look" legit. I say the bike is stolen.
 

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
Joined
·
8,497 Posts
I can assure you.............sometimes there is a reason to need a title

I worked on a busted up 900RR with a MEXICAN title. Honda wouldnt sell me a frame for that bike because they "didnt know if the frames were different" from Mexico to the US ones.

I had to buy a title (salvaged) and use it to buy a new frame.

I proceeded to stamp the mexican numbers in it and sent the kid packing.
 

·
It's good to B-King
Joined
·
3,290 Posts
hybrid said:
I can assure you.............sometimes there is a reason to need a title

I worked on a busted up 900RR with a MEXICAN title. Honda wouldnt sell me a frame for that bike because they "didnt know if the frames were different" from Mexico to the US ones.

I had to buy a title (salvaged) and use it to buy a new frame.

I proceeded to stamp the mexican numbers in it and sent the kid packing.
Sure you did....what is your address again? :neener
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
When the dealership sent my car title in the mail my mom through it out. I went to the DMV and got a new title for $20 and I didnt have to wait a week, they gave it to me right there. If this guy wrecked his bike and damaged the frame, then bought a new unstamped frame, he would still have a salvage title. He either stole it or is hiding it from being repoed or something.
 

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
Joined
·
8,497 Posts
lemosley01 said:
Sure you did....what is your address again? :neener

why? Your bike was already stripped and put on ebay.............hate to see your face when you get home!
 

·
It's good to B-King
Joined
·
3,290 Posts
hybrid said:
why? Your bike was already stripped and put on ebay.............hate to see your face when you get home!
Damn! It was in my garage 5 minutes ago! You are good.
 

·
Cheshire Cat
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
ZX-6R3235 said:
When the dealership sent my car title in the mail my mom through it out. I went to the DMV and got a new title for $20 and I didnt have to wait a week, they gave it to me right there. If this guy wrecked his bike and damaged the frame, then bought a new unstamped frame, he would still have a salvage title. He either stole it or is hiding it from being repoed or something.
You got a duplicate title. That works when the DMV already had a title issued in your name for your bike. If you buy a bike without a title, you can't get a duplicate title, you have to apply for a new one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
rusaccord said:
You got a duplicate title. That works when the DMV already had a title issued in your name for your bike. If you buy a bike without a title, you can't get a duplicate title, you have to apply for a new one.
Yeah thats my point. How can it be legit without someone being able to get a title. No one would sell a bike with no title if they could go to the DMV for 2 minutes and spend $20 and then sell it for a lot more.
 

·
Dirty Sanchez
Joined
·
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
now he's trying to sell his stolen(?) bike

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/307366443.html

OK everyone...here for sale is my 2003 Honda CBR600RR. In near showroom condition, has 4,900 miles on it. Completley stock...NEVER raced or beaten on. Famous Honda Black/Red scheme. Tires are like new! Runs and drives 110% with NO problems. I had purchased this bike from a family man, and he had LOST THE TITLE. This bike would be perfect for a track/stunt bike. I havnt tried to get a title for it. Needs a fender eliminator kit, have the stock liscense plate holder,but with one turn-signal. I bumped off the front right turn signal pushing into my garage and slightly scratched the right side fering(barley noticable) blends in with the paint scheme. Get this HOT bike before the weather breaks. Poss. trades


so, does anybody have any connections in pa, i.e state troopers or something... or can i report this , or what? i'm not trying to be some kind of vigilante law-man, but this just seems fishy to me. anybody have this bike stolen from them recently?
apor
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top