Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at the Katana 600 on the Suzuki website and was wondering if that machine comes with a centerstand?

The description does not mention one which leads me to believe it does not but thought I'd ask the owners.

Ned

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yeah, its got one, and i've got one for sale. its a 1996 katana 600 with 13000 miles on it. let me know if you are interested.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Yet to see one that didn't have one. If it doesn't then someone probably removed it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Actually, my '97 doesn't have a centerstand either.

And I can't believe the last owner removed it; the guy never even changed the tires in the 7 years he owned the bike! :2eek

·
Registered
181 Posts
every katana i've seen has a center stand unless it was previously removed. i have an '89 katana parts bike and it has a center stand on it. my '01 katana also has a center stand.

·
Registered
354 Posts
istaz said:
every katana i've seen has a center stand unless it was previously removed.
Don't intend to start an argument, but that's not entirely correct. My '97 600 has a side stand, just as shown in the Suzuki manual. The '97 750, however, had a centerstand (seems the manual was the same for the 600 and the 750).

·
Registered
181 Posts
interesting ... every katana i've seen has both side and center, unless the center stand was removed by a previous owner to gain more ground clearance or lose weight. didn't mean that they only had center.

·
Registered
354 Posts
istaz said:
interesting ... every katana i've seen has both side and center, unless the center stand was removed by a previous owner to gain more ground clearance or lose weight. didn't mean that they only had center.
Both? :3eek
I'd be pi$$ed if it didn't show just a sidestand in the manual.

·
20,852 Posts
My 1999 750 has both, buddies 1998 600 has both

·
Registered
354 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
My 1999 750 has both, buddies 1998 600 has both
Yeah, yeah, just rub it in!
Seriously, though, the manual, and the pictures/sketches in it, shows only a sidestand for the '97 600. I think it says that also, but can't remember.

·
20,852 Posts
Check on the bike, you can always buy one and install it. They are always selling on eBay pretty cheap. Sometimes pictures aren't true and don't show some things. It just bolts up to the frame underneath.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
my 96 600 has both

1 - 15 of 15 Posts