Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool. where at in md are you? i just moved to the laurel area in december. looking for people to ride with now that its getting warm out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are there any good roads around here? good as in sweeping turns, switchbacks, nice little straightaways, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wasnt but I wish I was. I'll be bringing my bike down here around Easter weekend from my brothers place. Then I'm ready to ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
That's cool, I wish the weather would get warm and stay warm, then warm, then cool stuff is killing me. So where about in Laurel are you? I grew up in Laurel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i live just a few minutes from heyser bike shop on rt 1. i'll have my bike down here in a couple weeks and will be out looking for some good roads in the area. any places you know of?
 

·
you smokin track?
Joined
·
868 Posts
Nice to see a couple posts in the md forum. I lived in baltimore for about 4 years and rode daily. I still make it down every once in a while to ride with the old crew but most of them do alot more "ride to the hotspot and bullshit" and alot less riding. Try to keep the md fourm active so I have contacts down there to ride. If you guys are looking to do some nice twisties on the weekends, we meet around 10am at a spot up here in pa and always get 2 to 3 hours of back road fun without the trouble of dealing with the boys in blue from Howard co, Baltimore co and AA co.

matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
gixxer42 said:
i live just a few minutes from heyser bike shop on rt 1. i'll have my bike down here in a couple weeks and will be out looking for some good roads in the area. any places you know of?
There are a few places, but I hear most of the places are out in the ellicoit city and davidsonville area, although i haven't ventured out that way just yet myself. i dont know those areas very well. Laurel is getting too built up anymore and the streets that i used to consider back roads are even starting to get crowded with cars. i'll be out looking for some more places when it is warmer on the weekends, i dont get too much time durinng the week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
singletrackmind said:
Nice to see a couple posts in the md forum. I lived in baltimore for about 4 years and rode daily. I still make it down every once in a while to ride with the old crew but most of them do alot more "ride to the hotspot and bullshit" and alot less riding. Try to keep the md fourm active so I have contacts down there to ride. If you guys are looking to do some nice twisties on the weekends, we meet around 10am at a spot up here in pa and always get 2 to 3 hours of back road fun without the trouble of dealing with the boys in blue from Howard co, Baltimore co and AA co.

matt
i will keep that in mind, although usually i'm just rolling out of bed at 10 on the weekends, since i'm up early and still up late everyday during the week
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
m21att1 said:
Holy shit!! Someone actually posted in the Maryland forum:cheers

I took a shot and people started responding. The NC forum started out the same way and now its got a lot of people in there now that meet up regularly for rides. Hope to get that started here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
vr4honey said:
There are a few places, but I hear most of the places are out in the ellicoit city and davidsonville area, although i haven't ventured out that way just yet myself. i dont know those areas very well. Laurel is getting too built up anymore and the streets that i used to consider back roads are even starting to get crowded with cars. i'll be out looking for some more places when it is warmer on the weekends, i dont get too much time durinng the week.

well i'll just get a map and try to find some roads that way. spend a saturday or sunday just out roaming around. let me know if you find any nice roads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
i get my bike in 2 hours and will probably be out riding all day tomorrow as long as its not raining, i have a pretty good knowledge of my area, but im just gonna start riding and after a while find out where i am. any takers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm going to get my bike from my brothers place next weekend so I wont be back on two wheels until the 2nd weekend of April.
 

·
Back in Black
Joined
·
5,538 Posts
Brannon! What's up bro? Haven't heard anything from you in a while.

What day are you coming down to NC? If you're by chance going to be down here Friday, a few of us are heading to the Fayetteville Drag Strip to run our bikes (again). Feel free to join us! :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Superman1355 said:
i get my bike in 2 hours and will probably be out riding all day tomorrow as long as its not raining, i have a pretty good knowledge of my area, but im just gonna start riding and after a while find out where i am. any takers?
I maybe able to go out on Monday, after work. either late afternoon or early evening.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TRaGiK said:
Brannon! What's up bro? Haven't heard anything from you in a while.

What day are you coming down to NC? If you're by chance going to be down here Friday, a few of us are heading to the Fayetteville Drag Strip to run our bikes (again). Feel free to join us! :cheers

Whats up Will! I wasn't on here for a while. I've been checking out the NC forum and there's a lot more people on there. I won't be leaving here until sometime Friday evening so it will be pretty late before I get to NC. If you guys ever set up a group day rides to the NC Mountains and back, let me know. I'll try and throw my bike on the back of my truck and come ride with you guys. See you got the F4 together.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top