Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put some LED's under my bike. first to light me up at night so that I can be assured that I would be seen driving, second cause it looks sooo cool, third Women dig it. I just don't know where to find laws that talk about this. I know that here in NYC it is illegal for cars, but can't seem to find anything about bikes :fiddy

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Women dig tacky vehicle underbody lights? I don't think so. At least not the ones I'm interested in. :)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Bait the hook for the catch you want.

Seems Oregon allows running lights as long as they are properly aimed and not as bright as headlights. Also allowed are flashing brake lights and a third headlight.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I've got a total of 16 led lights and the 2 pod lights on my bike. It's not that hard to find places to hide those little LED lights, it's just a pain to wire 16 of them up. What ever you do stay away from blue or red!!!! I started with blue and got pulled over twice (no tickets though) cause of them. Granted I've since seen several cruisers and one sport bike with blue :rolleyes
Thing they were just bustin chops but was gettin tired of dealin with it so switched to green. I even have a set of tire flies in green as well, but they need new batteries.
And if your going to have them on while you ride they have to be on steady. No flashin, strobin, color changin, ect. while you ride. That'll just be givin them a reason to pull you over. If you want them to flash while your at a show or something you need to put a switch to change from steady to flashing. You may want a manual on/off switch as well, I just put an in-line fuse (3 amp i think) on the main + wire going to all 16 that I can reach easily and pull out if needed to turn them off.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
greatzippy said:
I've got a total of 16 led lights and the 2 pod lights on my bike. It's not that hard to find places to hide those little LED lights, it's just a pain to wire 16 of them up. What ever you do stay away from blue or red!!!! I started with blue and got pulled over twice (no tickets though) cause of them. Granted I've since seen several cruisers and one sport bike with blue :rolleyes
Thing they were just bustin chops but was gettin tired of dealin with it so switched to green. I even have a set of tire flies in green as well, but they need new batteries.
And if your going to have them on while you ride they have to be on steady. No flashin, strobin, color changin, ect. while you ride. That'll just be givin them a reason to pull you over. If you want them to flash while your at a show or something you need to put a switch to change from steady to flashing. You may want a manual on/off switch as well, I just put an in-line fuse (3 amp i think) on the main + wire going to all 16 that I can reach easily and pull out if needed to turn them off.
do you have pics with the lights. I would love to see it.

Just ride in the nude, that will surely catch the attention!!!!!!!
Thats so wrong...on so many levels... :lao

Women dig tacky vehicle underbody lights? I don't think so. At least not the ones I'm interested in.
Here in NYC...all the bling you can add equals to all the chicks that you can swoon...You should know, you and your golden zip ties :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Since when did just having a bike, let alone a new one, not be enough bling all on it's own?? :) Everything I add to my bike, I add it for myself and myself alone!

·
Registered
251 Posts
+1

I get a good chuckle out of the cages out there that sport the underbody lights (usually hand in hand with the coffee can exhaust), I can only imagine a bike all gawdied up. Personally, I think it detracts from the overall impression of the bike/biker.

Having a sport bike...period...is usually all that's needed to "attract" attention, good or bad. Seems like everytime I go riding, whether short distancing in my mesh jacket or all bundled up in my 'Stich, I STILL get at least one hoot or holler from the opposite sex- I ain't special, it's just the bike. The Fizzy needs no help in the looks department. :D

Binary Jay said:
Since when did just having a bike, let alone a new one, not be enough bling all on it's own?? :) Everything I add to my bike, I add it for myself and myself alone!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Another +1 for Jay, score!

I'm calling an election.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Burnspot said:
+1

I get a good chuckle out of the cages out there that sport the underbody lights (usually hand in hand with the coffee can exhaust), I can only imagine a bike all gawdied up. Personally, I think it detracts from the overall impression of the bike/biker.

Having a sport bike...period...is usually all that's needed to "attract" attention, good or bad. Seems like everytime I go riding, whether short distancing in my mesh jacket or all bundled up in my 'Stich, I STILL get at least one hoot or holler from the opposite sex- I ain't special, it's just the bike. The Fizzy needs no help in the looks department. :D

You have a point, but we still hear the excuse " I didn't see him officer"
I figure with some extra lights I could be more visible. More safety than bling. and the bling help here in NYC----------------------------------------------------------------------- :banana

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
greatzippy said:
Correct on this one. If they blink and shit it is just inviting for a stop by a cop. I have blue LEDs on mne but since they don't flicker and shit they can't say that is an attempt to imitate a police vehicle....hehee it pays to know the traffic laws!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Good clothing, with reflective panels and stuff can go a long way to helping the visibility problem (same with reflectors on the bike itself)....some cagers will still not see you if they're distracted in ANY way. With lights all over the bike, sure you'll be seen...by cagers and police....attracting attention from both. No one likes getting hassled by "the man", heh heh. Double-edged sword.

To each his own...I still think the "doodad" lights are funny looking though. ;)

Ryce Krysp said:
You have a point, but we still hear the excuse " I didn't see him officer"
I figure with some extra lights I could be more visible. More safety than bling. and the bling help here in NYC----------------------------------------------------------------------- :banana

1 - 16 of 16 Posts