Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a digital gear indicator for a 02 GSXR750. any websites or manufacturers would be helpful! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
226 Posts
digital as in fingers? Cuz i can ride on the back and count the gears as you go through them for ya.

er... not funny... sorry. *hangs head in shame*

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
forthelove said:
digital as in fingers? Cuz i can ride on the back and count the gears as you go through them for ya.

:lol I liked it untill you put the hangs head in shame......

But for your question...I have one also, what really is the purpose of a gear counter? Maybe when your up in the speeds(or a long ride) it is harder to remeber which gear your in?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ca$h said:
:lol I liked it untill you put the hangs head in shame......

But for your question...I have one also, what really is the purpose of a gear counter? Maybe when your up in the speeds(or a long ride) it is harder to remeber which gear your in?
I could be wrong, but I think it's mostly so you don't go for 7th gear.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Another MUST for those fairly new to m/cing & especially if the like adding electrical gimicks to their bikes. Also be something to show off to others & let us hope one does not have their head down looking at what gear they are in when suddenly they need to stop like back some yards.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
forthelove said:

er... not funny... sorry. *hangs head in shame*

Post a pic of your bike.....please

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Sorry I can't see putting a $100 gimick on a bike and cutting into the wiring harness for a device that tells you not to do something that can't be done. And-there's nothing wrong with trying to find 7th once in awhile.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I would find it quite usefull and "cool"... but I'm not gona spend 100$ for that small thing like that

·
Registered
501 Posts
I know of some people on the boards that have them and like them. i dont' have a problem with them. I know in my car i can look down at the gearshift and see what gear i'm in, why not have something like that on your bike. I think all the digital gear indicator does is take your speed (mph) at a certain RPM to tell you what gear you are in. i know I haven't memorized all my speed and rpm ratios to tell what gear i'm in, so I could see the benefit of having it (if it was free). i am usually searching for the 6th or 7th gear, depending on what bike i am riding. I could see it being effective for people who ride different bikes in their stable.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
I used to be able to tell what gear I'm in, but that was before the Kaw. But if I'm in the twisties, I usually don't go over 4th anyway.

·
Registered
321 Posts
ghillie14 said:
Looking for a digital gear indicator for a 02 GSXR750. any websites or manufacturers would be helpful! Thanks in advance
I love this..Going against the grain.. :) Sheesh, I have gear indicators on both my bikes.. :lol I never have to search for 7 th gear, on the slab I save gas by going to top gear, and when I am railing and got time to look, and know the gear I want to be in, I look, nail it!! :lol

Forget about the jones, go what works for you!! :lol
BTW, I got clocks on both bikes too. :)

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
My 150cc bike came with one, and I love it! It is not electronic, it is like a neutral sensor, but with 6 contact points instead of just one.

It is extremely usefull, specially at stoplights. Sometimes I downshift and for whatever reason it won't downshift anymore, so thats when you think "I'm in first gear", but on both of my bikes that isn't always true, and it is extremely embarrasing/dangerous to try to take of from a stoplight in 3rd gear...

Maybe I suck at shifting gears or my bike's tranny sucks, maybe both of us, but I find it really usefull, but I could live without it easily.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts