Sport Bikes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to install an air shifter on the 9 this weekend if all goes well. I'm looking for ideas on how to mount the thing on my frame. So if ya'll got some pics of any air shifters installed, please post up. Thanks

·
Registered
731 Posts
sry for the question and for posting it here, but what is a air shifter ??

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Zyankaly said:
what is a air shifter ??
An "air shifter" is a solenoid (electronic, electric, pneumatic) actuated shifter to replace manual clutch/foot shift for gears 2 through 6th.

This device is hand switch controlled and used to reduce overall time from gear to gear selection. This device will also negate "missed shifts" providing the device is properly installed and free from defect.

Hope This Helps

·
Registered
605 Posts
i wouldnt use air..its 2004, get a fully electric shifter, I rode the owner of pingles'.... www.pingelonline.com its awesome, full throttle clutchless shifts, you have a thumb botton on the right side handlebar, just click it up or down (1st gear to 6th gear and down 6 to 1), its instant ( it kills the engine for a split second)

·
Registered
77 Posts
2002 Busa SE said:
i wouldnt use air..its 2004, get a fully electric shifter, I rode the owner of pingles'.... www.pingelonline.com its awesome, full throttle clutchless shifts, you have a thumb botton on the right side handlebar, just click it up or down (1st gear to 6th gear and down 6 to 1), its instant ( it kills the engine for a split second)
does it move the shifter for u? you know...like the airshifters do

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was going to go to the electric shift, but talking to some of the drag racers at the track the electric was good for the street but not track proven. One guy did have one on his bike, but he told me he had made some modifications to it for the track. I have the air shifter, with the ajustable engine kill and it works great. The reason I was looking for pics is because there is no mounting bracket for the air solenoid. I had to make one of my own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.