Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
WTF guy
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be a repost but it has more specs one this thing than I have ever seen before... This thing is an animal! Wouldn't want to be the first on it and get :urowned

Dodge Tomahawk Page

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
They've been wheeling that thing around to races and shows for years now. Are they ever going to sell/race/do something useful with that thing?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
They have it for sell for a god awful price of 250k

·
Owned by marriage
1,190 Posts
hahhah ill bet it gose like stink off shit, just dont try to turn it.

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
It's got 4 tires? It's a car in my book. Not to mention it's running a V10 :eek:nfloor. I bet it rolls tho. I'd own one just to run it in a straight line.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
I read some reports on people taking it for a test ride. Almost everyone that rides it ends up crashing at low speeds.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
MAGNUM636 said:
They've been wheeling that thing around to races and shows for years now. Are they ever going to sell/race/do something useful with that thing?
Niether... they just take it to shows to show it off & promote dodge engineering... i'd like to see it do a wheely though, that'd be sick :popcorn

·
Registered
725 Posts
I knew a guy in MN that had a boss hoss with a 350. Huge super heavy beast with way less power than the 8.2 V-10 If you got on it hard, the torque would spin that thing in a circle. There is a reason motorcylce engine driveshafts are mounted perpendicular to the wheel base. You would loop over sideways and land the bike on your head.

·
Registered
586 Posts
falco said:
I knew a guy in MN that had a boss hoss with a 350. Huge super heavy beast with way less power than the 8.2 V-10 If you got on it hard, the torque would spin that thing in a circle. There is a reason motorcylce engine driveshafts are mounted perpendicular to the wheel base. You would loop over sideways and land the bike on your head.
A guy at my old work rides a Boss Hoss. He is 410 pounds though, if that even makes a difference. I was jealous when he said his bike has reverse.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Supposed to be releasing like 10 more.

Speaking of Leno anyone seen his 1001 HP Toranado?? Daymn Sweet

And the Tomahawk....... I'd make her my bitch on the Salt Flats

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
falco said:

Oh thats the secret is it? Ever see a BMW? Honda Goldwing? Duh :bitchslap

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
That is such BS hype crap!

“Top speed 300+ EST!”

Where! On the moon!

There are ¼ million dollar sport cars with way more horse power, arguably better air dynamics and less drag and they only get to 220. Dodge should be sued for false advertising.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Lowlypawn said:
That is such BS hype crap!

“Top speed 300+ EST!”

Where! On the moon!

There are ¼ million dollar sport cars with way more horse power, arguably better air dynamics and less drag and they only get to 220. Dodge should be sued for false advertising.
its just an estimate that they compiled using 'pointy head' techniques. False advertising? Can they really advertise a concept that they only built life size models of? The estimated speed is because they dont have a place or a rider with the ability to test it at top speed.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'd rather have a turbo'ed busa, 201hp more, minimum 100# lighter, and 1/10th the price...... "Dodge, Different" yeah, they're different all right :bitchslap

·
Registered
725 Posts
There is enormous a difference in the weight of rotating mass its pushing almost 200 pounds of crankshaft and cams alone, and an enourmous difference in power and probably not such a drastic difference in overall weight. Ever driven a car with a GM big block? I broke the left hand motor mount twice in my 85 chevy truck that had an old 396 big block in it. Truck frames are quite rigid and are more prone to that than the cars they more often put those engines in, those frames twist and absorb the rotating force.

Just think about it... A "stationary object" (engine) has a rotating shaft, try to stop that rotaing shaft (traction at the tires) the engine begins to rotate if it can, fighting with the motor mount, or on a 2 wheeled vehicle.... it easily pushes it over.

Grab a cordless drill hold the button, grab the shaft(chuck head) if you can hold it hard enough the handle(motor) wants to spin out of your other hand.

Every force makes an equal and opposite force.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Not much of a bike if it has four wheels, I would never want to try and turn that thing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts