Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a lot of people say this in various posts. Do many of you wear full leathers everytime you get on the bike? Do you ride daily? I have been averaging 100 miles a day during the week and 150-200 on the weekends. Most of this has been with jeans, boots, gloves, and a mesh jacket because its just too damn hot in a leather jacket, let alone leather pants too. I just don't get how you can get enjoyment out of riding in full leather all the time unless you NEVER hit any traffic.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I wear full leathers almost every time I ride. This is possible for me because I do not commute on my scooter.

·
Registered
912 Posts
i only get totally geared up when i go ride hard. I always wear my helmet and gloves no matter where i am going.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
nope, pretty much only at the track.

i always wear my jacket, gloves, helmet, boots(dr martens), jeans or khakis (work)

·
Registered
522 Posts
too damn hot to wear full leathers. My leathers are even perfed, they just have shoulder vents, so those are reserved only for trackdays. Normally, I'll wear pants, JR Nova gloves, JR Phoenix 3.0, Helmet and occasionally my Sidi's depending where I'm going.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Every time I get on the bike I wear boot, gloves, helmet, leather jacket, and a min of jeans but prefer my leather pants.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Full leather but for the one or two days a month I ride to work, I'll just do the jacket, gloves and helmet. I hate riding without full leathers though.

·
Believe It or Not........
5,339 Posts
I've only worn my full suit once, after I had a get off, but I didn't have it long enough before I moved to Ireland in January to wear it on more rides.

Before the one piece I wore leather or textile jacket, depending on the type of riding planned. GP plus gloves, Supertech boots when I finally bought some, and my helmet.

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
RACER X said:
nope, pretty much only at the track.

i always wear my jacket, gloves, helmet, boots(dr martens), jeans or khakis (work)

+1

Full leathers for saturday railin when I plan to drag a knee, or at the track, but for spirited riding or commuting.....draggin jeans and pheonix (gloves/boots/helmet a given)

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Not yet. I always wear my boots, jeans, gloves, helmet and a fieldsheer jacket. I figure an armored textile jacket is preferable to an unarmored leather jacket. Needless to say, I'm saving up for better pants and jacket.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
Only wear the 1 piece if it's a track day or if it's a trip to a local playground that doubles as a track :D...I only do the one on the right...

Otherwise it's jacket, gloves, boots, jeans, helmet...

Attachments

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Guess I'm the only one then. Currently since I am only doing track, and not riding on the street I wear my suit every time. However, over the last 6 years I'd say I was averaging about 300 miles a week, everything from rides from Seattle to Florida, to riding to work, everywhere I went, I wore full leathers. I've never even ridden without full leathers. To my first MSF course, I wore full leathers, some people laughed, but I really don't care. I wore full leathers whenever I rode to work, it wasn't a big deal, I had a full size locker in my bedroom at work and the leathers fit fine in there. Wore them to the grocery store or the mall. So yeah, I'd say I've done over 100k miles wearing full leathers for every bit of it. I've ridden in every state in the US (except HI and AK) through all kinds of weather, from 120 degree days, to 30 degree days (never was an EXTREME cold rider) rain or shine, always full leathers. But I've also always bought very high quality leathers, and even went as far as having a suit custom made by Barnacle Bill, so I always got exactly what I wanted. Sure I get hot in my leathers sometimes, but it beats skin grafts.

Maybe if you guys had seen what I've seen over the years with motorcycle accidents you would think differently (aka, jeans are NOT gear)!

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
leather or textile jacket if day riding (plus the helmet and gloves of course) if I'm ridng at night, i'm pretty much guarenteed (sp?) to be hitting it fairly hard, so I wear the full gear including the suit then.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
firefighter81 said:
and even went as far as having a suit custom made by Barnacle Bill, so I always got exactly what I wanted. .
damm dood, we sure do think alike, my suit is from BB as well........ :headbang

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
RACER X said:
damm dood, we sure do think alike, my suit is from BB as well........ :headbang
Yeah, he was the only person that I spoke with who really seemed to care about making the suit exactly how I wanted it, granted, I paid for it ($1300), but still, I wanted it, so I paid for it, and I got EXACTLY what I wanted.

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
sometimes, rarely, i wear the 1 piece leather, otherwise i wear jacket, boots, gloves helmet, jeans.

even if i'm just running accross town i'll probably go without the gloves because they suck...i need a new pair.

hey L8 Braker what is that picture of? i mean, what was that place supposed to be, or what was it in the past. ever since i first saw that picture i've been looking for similar things around where i live--like neighborhoods without houses and such.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts