Sport Bikes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1984 Honda Magna V30. Appears to be in decent condition no major rash. The end of the clutch lever is broken off (the owner said it "fell over" once). The chain was recently replaced. The owner (a mechanic at a cycle shop) is asking $1400.

My brother in Utah is looking for a good used bike to use as a daily driver and for the occasional weekend cruise. Bottom line, he needs something that's reliable, easy to ride, and won't cost an arm and a leg up front or to maintain.

One concern I have is that my brother said the cast aluminum piece that connects the forks (just above the front tire and below the steering head) has a crack running down the middle. That doesn't sound good to me.

He hasn't been able to find many used bikes where he's at (Logan Utah), and he's thinking about offering $800-$1000 for it. What do you think? Is it a good bike/good deal? Should he run the other way?

I realize this is a sportbike board, but there's a wealth of knowledge here about all motorcycles, not just sportbikes. In any case, the cruiser/standard boards I've seen just don't seem to be very active. Any advice for my bro?

·
Registered
483 Posts
It isn't all sportbikes man, but offer the seller like you said, $800-$1000 and find out first if the cracked lower tree can be aluminum welded. Finding parts fir that bike might not be too easy, but the price is right.

·
Go #214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,390 Posts
That bike is 21 years old... not gonna be as reliable as something newer of course...a newer more modern bike can be had for close to the price range you said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts