Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
do you thunk this would dominate most 600s

ok i was browsing the net and i found a company tha made a race engine for the ex500 it made up to 85+ horspower :phatyo i was wonderin if you guys think it would dominate most of the 600s out there if so im gettin it screw gettin a b***** bike stick with the smaller one with the same power if not more the site is http://www.mbmotorsports.net/kawasaki/kaw_engine.html check it out
i think some 600s will be :urowned

·
Registered
436 Posts
would be a cool project....Being a better rider dominates over having more power in the engine, but it doesn't hurt to have both. I heard stories of people on stock 500's whiping 600cc and larger bikes because they were better riders.

Good Luck if you decide to do it

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
My F4i in its current configuration is pushing 105 at the rear wheel, but I am old, fat and slow...Of course, some people like to be dominated...

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Not sure of the suspension on that machine can take out a modern-day 600SS, with the rider skill set and everything else equal, even with a suped up engine.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I serious doubt adding more HP to the 500 will put in the range to kill a newer 600. I owned a '90 EX500 as my first bike and rode the snot out of it and have ridden the new 500R's. It's a great bike for what it is - a starter, daily commuter, sport tourer, general fun-bike. Start ridding it hard and it's flaws become apparent compared to the 600's. Weak chassis, weak suspension, weak brakes. Compared to even an F2 the 500R is no match. Will 85+ horsepower make it even better? You bet! And you'd be able to hang with the 600's in a straight line better. But you'd have to do some serious mods to it if you wanted to go faster than an experienced rider on a 600.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
If you look they also sell the suspension you need for it. New swing arm shock ect. This will probably cost more in the long run than buying a new 600ss.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Nope, you'll still get your ass handed to you. Sorry.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I don't think so since the 500 weighs more than the Ninja ZX-6R. It would be a cool project to do though. You would suprise a lot of people with it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
the motor from a late 90s ZX7R bolts right into the 500R frame...no modification required.

·
Registered
112 Posts
the new ex500 isn't full fared...you can see the engine. just get tge targa full faring and all will be good

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Vampyre said:
the motor from a late 90s ZX7R bolts right into the 500R frame...no modification required.

Really?? I have a 91 zx7, or are you referring to the 97/98/99 zx7's? That would be really cool.

·
Registered
84 Posts
hold the presses....i'd like to find out more about the zx7r engine swap. do you have more info/hyperlink or anything for it?
thanx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts