Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
No, that falls into squidly behavior where I'm from. Well, maybe if it's cold and the bike is about to stall or something of that nature. Never just to hear the engine.

M.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
You mean like all the Harly guys do.

Na, I don't do anything like that. I try not to attract any more attention to me than necessary.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Hell no!!!

A few years ago a friend of mine was revving his engine and he floated a valve. Long story short, he seized his motor. I've definately learned from his mistake.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
only if its cold so i dont stall in the middle of the road

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
heh, when I start riding on the street, i don't plan on doing that. That damn D&D pipe will get enough attention, the day i have enough cash to change that pipe i am putting something else on.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Is the d&d loud cash? You know if I had a bike I might rev it in my driveway and listen to it pur, but I don't. BTW just curious who makes the loudest pipes. I've heard that d&d ran like 109db or something. I dont like it just loud, I like the smooth superbike sound.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
yeh i rev maybe to like 2k or 2.5k rpm often. i love the sound of the devil and it lets the toyota camry know that i mean business.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Nope, not me.

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
by myself: i'll blip it a little, not trying to make a scene, but for my own enjoyment.

with others: all it takes is one guy in the group to do it and it gets way out of control.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
UM John said:
Is the d&d loud cash? You know if I had a bike I might rev it in my driveway and listen to it pur, but I don't. BTW just curious who makes the loudest pipes. I've heard that d&d ran like 109db or something. I dont like it just loud, I like the smooth superbike sound.
my akro sounds smooth and sweet, it is pretty quiet too.

my bf has an Arata on his Gix1k and that thing growls. When there is a group of us (like 4 or more), one will rev it, he'll rev his and look right at me, so I'll rev a little, but with the Akro, it don't sound like much.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
UM John said:
Is the d&d loud cash? You know if I had a bike I might rev it in my driveway and listen to it pur, but I don't. BTW just curious who makes the loudest pipes. I've heard that d&d ran like 109db or something. I dont like it just loud, I like the smooth Superbike sound.
Loudest? LOL probably D+D crappiest sounding too IMO at least on my bike it is. The Carbon Ti Yoshi I had on the bike when I crashed it sounded superb, maybe it was the sexy coloring of the header pipes alluring me into thinking it sounded better... :D The Carbon can defiantly made it quieter. I had a alloy can used the same core size (2 1/2") and it had a harder sound to it. The drawback is carbon tends to fall apart faster. Stainless will out live everything weigh the most and probably be the loudest..

The rev thing at lights... ewwwwww !! Squidis Maxumus :eek:
LOL I have a Friend I ride with occasional that is Mr. Cop Magnet! He sits at a light and acts as if he is seriously attempting to wear out the throttle cable!!! constantly going from idle - max - idle - max with maybe a second bursts!

Think of the most irritating possible way to rev a bike and he's doing it.... at EVERY light. I refuse to pull up to him. On the road he's cool. At stops *dork mode* auto engages ! :eek: instantly looks like Alfred Hitchcock The Birds.. the trees empty, people in there cars roll up windows, baby's begin to cry, dogs flipping in backseats you name it... embarrassing as hell. :eek:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Samurai Jack said:
No, that falls into squidly behavior where I'm from. Well, maybe if it's cold and the bike is about to stall or something of that nature. Never just to hear the engine.

M.
What he said.

·
Registered
533 Posts
i only like to rev when i go under freeways, i just like the sound of the echos

i also have a d&d on the r6 which is too damn loud (but i did get the pipe for free), ive wanted to try those fmf powercore s cause nobody really has those and they look decent, but i've never heard them, has anyone heard them??

1 - 20 of 87 Posts