Do you rev when you are stopped?

• Yes

Votes: 24 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 68 73.9%

Do you Rev it?

3K views 46 replies 42 participants last post by  danding 
#1 ·
I have seen so many riders that sit at lights, stop signs, etc. and just continuely blip their throttle. What the hell for? I have seen both new and old bikes getting revved for no reason, hell there aren't even hotties around. I could understand if it were carbed with a bad tuning, but even newer FI bikes get blipped. I personally don't, don't see the reason to do it. Anyone want to provide some insight on this?

#2 ·
I don't... but hey, I'm pretty new so I have other things going through my head while at the intersection :)

#3 ·
Not while stopped.. thats just like screaming PLEASE LOOK AT ME IM SO COOL!!

I do however rev the hell out of it on this one section of the road near my house that passes under the interstate, makes my little ninja 250 sound like a MotoGP bike with the echoing :D I'm not revving it hoping people think I'm so cool though, that's just lame.

#5 ·
I have plenty of little high school kids that ride around in 2nd gear all day just to listen to their pipes and get everyones attention. And yes they sit there at the stop lights with their buddy's revving their bikes up in hopes that some one will look at them and think " hey those guys are cool!" You know what I say to those assholes... :boid . It's these types of idiots that give every one on a sport bike a bad rep!

#12 ·
Just a minor 2,000RPM blip before the light turns green.

#14 ·
yeah, i blip a little low RPM sometimes too.

what's funny is to be with a group of riders, one guy will rev, and then it just gets way out of control. kinda like going around the roundabout for about 5 laps (think European Vaction, 'I can't be lapped!'), funny to us, aweful for every car around us.

#17 ·
wasn't there a thread on this last month? i blip just before i let the clutch out, but sitting there and revving the crap out of your engine is just stupid. I will admit, one time I saw a buddy of mine walking down the street with his back to me so I pulled in the clutch, coasted up next to him pretty quietly, then just revved the crap out of it...probably 10,000+ rpms. He almost pissed his pants...he was sure his time had come. :D

#20 ·
Love to blast my pipe nice and loud when someone is sitting on their cell next to me.....gotton a couple of fingers for that...Also like Mucho said, one guy does it and then it just takes off from there. Got a couple of goofy guys that will sit there with their throttles pegged at limiter. f-that

#23 ·
Pyromaniac said:
I do however rev the hell out of it on this one section of the road near my house that passes under the interstate, makes my little ninja 250 sound like a MotoGP bike with the echoing
That's funny :lol I do the same thing in my girlfriends garage. Makes a my 600 sound HUGE!!!!

#24 ·
I do it a little bit, maybe a 1k blip before the light changes, I think it comes from a poorly tuned carb on the harley I used to ride, sometimes when you would hit the throttle it would try to die, if you were easing out the clutch when that happened, it would stall, so I kind of do a throttle check out of habit, to get the bike out of idle, probably don't need to on my bike, but eh, it is an ingrained thing at this point

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.