Sport Bikes banner

Do you rev when you are stopped?

• Yes

Votes: 24 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 68 73.9%
21 - 40 of 47 Posts
Pyromaniac said:
I do however rev the hell out of it on this one section of the road near my house that passes under the interstate, makes my little ninja 250 sound like a MotoGP bike with the echoing
That's funny :lol I do the same thing in my girlfriends garage. Makes a my 600 sound HUGE!!!!

I do it a little bit, maybe a 1k blip before the light changes, I think it comes from a poorly tuned carb on the harley I used to ride, sometimes when you would hit the throttle it would try to die, if you were easing out the clutch when that happened, it would stall, so I kind of do a throttle check out of habit, to get the bike out of idle, probably don't need to on my bike, but eh, it is an ingrained thing at this point

I like to rev.....:drool

Only time i rev is when i am taking off or when someone is one their phone while they are driving

f4igrad said:
wasn't there a thread on this last month? :D

Yep, I sas thinking the very same thing when I read the title.

Mucho Gonzales said:
yeah, i blip a little low RPM sometimes too.

what's funny is to be with a group of riders, one guy will rev, and then it just gets way out of control. kinda like going around the roundabout for about 5 laps (think European Vaction, 'I can't be lapped!'), funny to us, aweful for every car around us.
Bwahaha, thats funny. I was riding with about 15 people a few weeks ago, going down a main street when all the sudden somebody up front reved it....next thing you know everyone is revin the shit out of their bikes. We scared the shit out of a couple chicks on the side of the road, everyone else is covering their ears, ducking. I couldn't help but laugh. :twofinger :)

That was a rare occasion though. I don't want you guys to think i do that all the time. I barley ever rev my bike when im stopped. Every now and then i will chuck a lil rev. I like the sound of the exhaust on sportbikes i always have. I'l usually do it when i go under a bridge to, makes it that much louder. :D

tiepilot1138 said:
especially when they are in thier own little world in a convertible.... great wake up call
Yea, then it's funny because there getting pissed off at you because the noise is so loud they can't continue their conversation. F people who talk on cell phones and drive. Thats one thing that really pisses me off, that, and tailgaters. :boid

I do it every now and then, but I ride a Harley. :D

Seriously, if I'm idling at a red light for a while, I'll blip the throttle before the light changes. But nothing over about 2 grand.

when i come to a red light and its gonna be a long red light i clicked into neutral and let it idle then when lights about to change, i blip the throttle everytime when i clicked down into first or up into second.. thats about it

No on the reving.....I mean a blip, here or ther cause I dunno, I can't help it.
But man I saw a whole goddamn pack of fruit cakes driving slow past where I work I mean, like coasting reving it till it hit the limit......I'm mean everyone was riding with no helmets and making the I'm so effing tough face at five miles an hour....A bunch of tools.

this a great post. i think a lot people do it to try and make it backfire OR to attract the hotties with that loud ass pipe. o well, i think its lame either way

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.