My girlfriend and my roommate both have bikes. Girl and I ride together quite frequently (har har), roommate less often. But all this was a pretty recent development. The lady had her own bike when we met, the roommate not so much. I've known him for about four years, and he only got into riding a couple years ago.
I ride with small groups on the weekends. After a few mountain rides with a meetup group that averages 12-20 riders a ride, I've found that I defenatly pefer smallers groups or 3-5 in the twistes. I rarely ride with others intown but when I do its usually a close friend or aquantence. I know its not the same but I starting to find that I really enjoy riding two up. Riding around town with a girl on the back is a lot of fun.
I know a few people that ride, but it always ends up being too much of a hassle to coordinate schedules so I usually end up riding by myself which is fine by me! By yourself you don't have to worry about the person or people your riding with having enough time to pass the car you just passed or try to stay together in traffic.
I wouldn't be a good riding partner anyway - I like curvy roads and ride too fast and way too far for the cruiser guys, I ride way too slow for the sportbikers, I have no particular destination when I ride (a detailed itinerary for me would be "I'm going west"), I'm often lost, and I stop all the time to take pictures. Doesn't make for a good riding partner, I figure.
i have a few friends that ride. one works weird hours and we ride together a couple times a year. i ride with another slightly more often, and i've never ridden with the 3rd since he's in another state and just bought one.
i prefer riding alone since i don't have to make plans and worry about how long people want to ride, how fast, or when they want a break.
the girlfriend loves riding on the back though... does she count?
My old roommate got a bike shortly after I moved, I've only been able to ride with him once. Been on one ride with 4 others and a few rides with one other, but recently I've only been riding with my brother and he doesn't ride often
Have a group of about 5-8 regulars I ride with on Saturdays, otherwise I'm usually alone or with one other person, which is fine with me. Enjoy being alone since I can go my own pace without worrying about others.
99% of the time I am riding by myself. The other 1% is with some of my coworkers and acquaintances that all ride cruisers. And really Big ones like Ultra Glides and such. I literally only know one other person with a sportbike. And it's a GSXR 1K that he hasn't ridden in over 5 years.
Not that I'm complaining, but it would be kind of nice to go on a small group ride with some other sportbikers just for a change of pace.
For me, it's the last two. I rarely ride with others, as I really don't have time to plan out rides. That said, most of my friends are people I used to ride with. Some have quit riding, some have switch to adventure touring (which is too time consuming) and some just never learned to slow down.
i ride with anyone pretty much (including cruisers - OMFG). in the last 3 yrs, i've really only rode with 1 guy and he has a 750. him being single, he rides a LOT and has put on roughly 10k in under a year...me... 2k. I'm hoping to start doing Polar Bear runs in a few weeks, but i don't know how they'll work. i read something about just getting to a destination (you decide which way), having a lil get-together, then head home. nothing real special but something i've never done for a whole winter season.
i prefer small 3-4 person groups or by myself, but i won't scoff at a group ride if i'm feeling kinda laid back that day.
I do the great majority of my riding alone, but that's partly because I ride for daily transportation as well as fun. I have often had friends who ride, and have gone riding with them on occasion, but not regularly -- usually that's just two or three bikes total at a time. My wife rides and my daughter rides (and her last boyfriend rode), so sometimes we'd do a family outing. I belong to some clubs, and do a few group rides a year with them. I've ridden with meetup groups as well. So it's a big ol' mix, whatever.
A group of sport bikers is more likely to attract the cops as they 'compete' on the road. I usually ride solo to get away from it all, and I can speed up and slow down as I see fit. It is also easy to get in a crash with other riders if following too closely. I dunno; it is fun to ride with riders who are on the same wave-length, but frustrating if a fellow rider is unpredictable. As a long-time adult I miss the days of my youth when it was so easy to drop in on a friend without having to make careful arrangements. Modern life makes that difficult because of everyone's work schedules and busy personal lives.