Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*I found this on another site and had to share it*

If you are safety conscious such as myself, you should be able to find the safety hazard in this pic. Look carefully, it's not that obvious... :lol

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean? He's wearing work boots, a welding helmet, has the wheel chauked and has a back up jack stand. Looks like he planned it out quite well...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Shit, I'm just trying to figure out how in the fuck he got his truck up that hight to be able to get the 4x's under it

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Mr.Pelican said:
what if it rolls forward?
If it were to roll forward........................

HE'D BE FUCKED! :twofinger

·
Registered
352 Posts
It's uphill so if anything it will try to roll back...
If the rock behind the back tire were to slip "he'd be fucked"

·
2 As 1
1,121 Posts
Well, I have been looking for awhile now... Only thing I can see is maybe he is a bit close to dry grass... could start a fire like that ya know. Everything else seems fine.

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
When I was in Mexico, I saw shit like that all the time. We were at Cabo Wabo one night and walked out and down the wrong street. There were people all over the place working on cars in the street...at midnight. It's a whole different world when the safety police...aka OSHA, aren't looking. We, as Americans, should feel safer than any other people in the world. We have the government looking out for us and telling us what we can and cannot do. It's all part of taking away our personal freedom under the guise of trying to take care of us.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Doesn't look like it would take too much to knock those 2x4's right out. Only about 1/4in contact patch

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Let's see...

1. Welding leads go out into the street.
2. Bad work posture.
3. No barrier tape in place denoting welding in progress.

Beyond that, looks like a perfectly safe operation to me... (heavy on the sarcasm).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well let's see here, besides the obvious "redneck lift" and the "rock tire chuck";

#1 he has the positive lead running over his leg, which could fry him if the wire was frayed.

#2, and probably the winning answer, he has the ground lead attached to the front bumper and he's welding on the rear third of the truck, which could send that however many volts through the battery and blow it up, not to mention completely destroy the entire wiring harness.

Of course, if he doesn't have that tank either full of gas or full of water, he won't have to worry too much about the battery blowing up now will he? :lol

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
most of you guys aren't looking very closely, here's some from the other site:
The tread on the left rear tire is below the recommended 3/16" tread,
no tail lights,
the welder is blocking the driveway,
short sleaved shirt - skin cancer risk,
no safety flares near while he welds the gas tank,
no wheel calks on the welder,
no rear bumper - what if he gets rearended,
the metal roofing looks loose on the building,
poor posture,
no hearing protection for when the tank explodes,
no traffic safely cones or fire extinguisher &
no mud flaps on the truck

·
Registered
549 Posts
Only thing I can see is his tires look kind of old/bald. Wouldn't want one of those to blow at the high speeds that truck is capable of. All he needs to do is prop two more 2x4's under the passenger's side and he can change all 4 at once.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts