Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
13 motorsports
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if this'll get kicked off to another forum or not. but every now and then sometimes i'll be thinking of getting rid of my bike cause it cost a lot of money, and then I'll be riding down the road and i'll get passed by some beater car, and there'll be a kid's face plastered against the window and you can tell by his face he thinks your bike is the coolest thing in the world. it reminds me that's why i ride. because i was that kid and yes my bike is the coolest thing in the world :banana

these shots are for all the kids out there that want to ride. go for it! you won't regret it......

by the way, anyone else out there hate it when you take the time to finally clean your helmet and within the first 5 minutes a big bug hits you square in the visor? :upyours

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Nice bike :phatyo , I haven't seen a silver 6r.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I used to be one of those kids. I always knew I was gonna get a bike. U're right about bikes being expensive to maintain. I always get the kid that asks me to do a wheelie while in traffic and I usually do it (safety nazis :upyours I like wheelies too :phatyo ) I always get this one group of kids that motion for me to do a wheelie while im pulling into my apt complex I just shake my head. I'll be happy to do it anywhere else.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Why are you being passed by beater cars? :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I remember riding my ex500 when it was brand new, noticed a car to my side and a guy was admiring my bike.

Felt pretty good.

Another time a car behind me kept tail gating...so I pulled into the next lane over and slowed down to glare at them.

Turned out to be two ladies checking me out :D

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
nice looking bike

·
Registered
600 Posts
BentValve said:
Nice 6R! But if you want some real gawking then you should ride a Busa for awhile.
They're only gawking because the things are so fugly! :banana

:D

Seriously, though, most any bike gets all kinds of looks. I got "wooooo!s" and "I like your bike!" even on my Ninja 250 from a car full of girls before... which I laughed at, but for the most part, a motorcycle does precede you.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I always get those looks from the younger 25-30 yr old fathers driving they're pregnant wife home in her minivan with a kid and dog in the backseat. You can just see them stare when you pass them

but yeah, theres been times when I've thought "ya know, if I never bought these bikes..I could have a brand new car" or something like that. and around here with all this weather, its not a bad idea necessarily. but all I have to do is slap myself and just like that I'm thinking straight again. but early winter...thats when I get the "wanna car" real bad

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
Whenever I park my bike on a sidewalk somewhere or within view of a group of people, people tend to rubberneck walking by it. Many even doubletake.

I was getting a haircut one time and this guy was standing there with an ice cream, he stared at the bike for like 15 minutes, walking around and looking at it from every angle. It made me feel good inside to know that that little monster sits in my garage and I can hop on it any time I want.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
killernoodle said:
Whenever I park my bike on a sidewalk somewhere or within view of a group of people, people tend to rubberneck walking by it. Many even doubletake.

I was getting a haircut one time and this guy was standing there with an ice cream, he stared at the bike for like 15 minutes, walking around and looking at it from every angle. It made me feel good inside to know that that little monster sits in my garage and I can hop on it any time I want.
I was getting some food with my dad(he has harley), all the older guys drooled over his bike and I had the younger kids being yelled at to get in the car because they wanted to look.

A little kid down my street just loves my bike and the look on his face is just priceless when he sees me.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
nice bike, dude. I will be 75 year old, gray haired dude, still feeling the same emotions about bikes that I did when I was 3 years old.:headbang (I will just be on a Wing lol)

·
Registered
966 Posts
BentValve said:
Nice 6R! But if you want some real gawking then you should ride a Busa for awhile.
Why dont I just strap a rocket engine to the couch in the living room.....they corner about the same.....I take that back, the couch with no wheels could corner faster then a busa!! :eek:nfloor :lao

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Hehehe. A guy I know wanted his 3 year old son, who loves bicycles, to take a close look at my RC51 after i rolled up. But he was so scared that he howled and cried as he was pushed towards it yelling "Daddy, nooooooo!!!". I guess the love of bikes and exhaust note starts after the age of 3.

Toddlers aside, most people gawk at my bike in a good way. Even Harley guys on occasion.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Dont sell it dude i did the same thing about a year ago with my 03 600rr and i kick myself everyday until yesterday where i bought an 03 600rr YES I RULE hahaha :eek:nfloor

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
ExtraJ said:
I was that kid too.
Shit... I still am. My head snaps back for a nice bike just how it does for a nice ass.
:lao +1

·
BIRDMAN
2,559 Posts
Kids reactions to bikes or even a person in gear seems to be universal, like your Like in his Xwing.Always brings a smile.
Nice silver bullet

1 - 20 of 38 Posts