Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the thread about should you replace the tire or plug it and go.It got me to thinking.

So how many carry a repair kit in the trunk?I do,and I've had to use it.I promptly ordered a new tire after but it did save me from a tow truck fee.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I needed one once, didn't have it at the time. Now I don't leave home without it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I carry one of those CO2 kits. Hope I never need to use it.
I carry a couple extra cartridges since the kit's supply wouldn't be enough to fill my back tire.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nope. I have Motow through AMA. If I ever get a flat/crash, I get a free tow. For $35/year, you can't beat it.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
"Nope. I have Motow through AMA. If I ever get a flat/crash, I get a free tow. For $35/year, you can't beat it."

that towing service is nice but it won't get you home late on a Sunday afternoon when you are in the middle of nowhere and it looks like its going to storm and soon. A $20 plug kit will - and you won't have to wait for someone to come find you and get you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
KatanaMike said:
"Nope. I have Motow through AMA. If I ever get a flat/crash, I get a free tow. For $35/year, you can't beat it."

that towing service is nice but it won't get you home late on a Sunday afternoon when you are in the middle of nowhere and it looks like its going to storm and soon. A $20 plug kit will - and you won't have to wait for someone to come find you and get you.
thats why i ride with someone in the middle of nowhere :)

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Yep, I carry one of those plug and CO2 cartidge repair kits ever since I picked up a nail and had to pay $80 for a tow. Have never used the repair/plug part, but did put some air in another guy's tire once so he could get home. :D Those plugs are definitely only temporary until you can get it properly fixed or replaced.

·
Registered
374 Posts
ya, and i normally carry my handheld mountain bike pump with me as well. I can run over a nail go flat and be back on the road in 10 minutes or less. Who needs triple a

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I didn't until recently when I got a flat in the middle of nowhere but was luckily enough to have someone come by and help me out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts