Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at some new leather gloves and the sales folks tell me that I want them to be a little tight because they will loosen up as they brake in. Do you guys do this? I've bought ones that were comfortable before but I'm looking at some GT tech gloves that are more $$$ so I want them to fit well.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Well I have a pair of leather gloves and a pair of textile gloves. the leather ones I had to make sure that they fit perfect, tight and comfortable. The textile ones I got a bit small figuring that they will stretch and mold into the shape of my hands

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The "fit" is the problem I'm having. These gloves are XL, got 1/4" in the fingertips but the back of the hand/knuckles is a little "tight". It's not too bad, I can get a good hold of my grips but no way I could make a tight fist. I love these gloves (alpinstars gt tech) but the fit is a problem.

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
i think i am having the same problem. my hands aren't real big or anything, but the gloves that i like are XL or Large. and even those seem to be snug. i can't imagine the gloves stretching a whole lot, and if they aren't tight in the first place, then what would make them stretch?

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Squid Killer said:
I have never had a pair of leather gloves stretch enough to change the fit.
+1 to that especially if at least a decent quality. Assume they will feel exactly the way they do now 6 months down the road.

One other thing I've noticed in gloves is that there can be a pretty large variation from sample to sample (not all XL will be the same size). Sometimes the finger lengths will be different. Sometimes they'll be tighter. Keep trying on samples until you find one that feels good.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Snug is good, tight just ruins the stitching eventually.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I'll go with snug, gloves don't stretch that much in my experience

·
Registered
952 Posts
my gloves, Alpinestars SP-1's, were extremely tight at first. They hurt when I would ride. But I wet them and continued to wear them, and now they fit perfect.

·
Registered
16 Posts
if Alpinestars gloves are anything like thier jackets then they are taylored more towards smaller people, I know im pretty small and I can wear one of their Large jackets.

·
Registered
569 Posts
My gloves are looser than a Taiwanees whore's coochie.

My problem is that I have long, bony fingers. I have a pair of XL Joe Rockets that fit perfectly. But I have a pair of Held gloves that are the right finger length, but quite roomy otherwise. I guess that's what I get for ordering gloves off of the internet, but to get decent stuff that's really my only option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts