Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering purchasing a TRE, Timing retard Eliminator for my 2001 GSXR-1000. Does anyone have any experience with them? Please help!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Help

ghillie14 said:
I'm considering purchasing a TRE, Timing retard Eliminator for my 2001 GSXR-1000. Does anyone have any experience with them? Please help!!
Help? anyone?

·
old member
13,079 Posts
From what I've heard on other bikes (with carbs though), all it does is either add or remove a one-wire connection with not much perceptible difference in performance or smoothness. I would suggest not to waste your $$.

·
Registered
51 Posts
On the gsxr i had an 02 all it does it make the bike think its in 4 maybe 5th gear so the timing in 6th is no longer retarted allowing you to go faster.. So unless you plan on goign faster than say 186 don't bother i didnt notice any difference..

·
Registered
605 Posts
It tricks your computer into thinking the bikes in 5th gear all the time, Ill make you one for free and you can try it out and see

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
Junk......... do it the right way not with a piece of crap TRE. If you remap your fuel injection properly based on mods and have your TPS calibrated properly you shouldn't need a TRE. Snakeoil that will cause carbon buildup on your injectors from the excess fuel being sprayed.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Jason said:
Junk......... do it the right way not with a piece of crap TRE. If you remap your fuel injection properly based on mods and have your TPS calibrated properly you shouldn't need a TRE. Snakeoil that will cause carbon buildup on your injectors from the excess fuel being sprayed.
thanks for all the replys...I don't really plan on going over 186...
I do plan on purchasing a Power Commander... Thanks for the heads up...
Best place to buy a Power Commander for an 01 GSX_R 1000?

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
Jason's spot on

regardless of where you get it....once you get a pipe do yourself a favor and go to powercomanders website, and look up the closest dynotune shop and get it custom tuned.

Your altitude, pipe, particular bike will be different than the generic maps, and while a generic map can get the job done, they can squeeze sometimes 8-10 hp out of a PROPER custom map

·
Registered
16 Posts
I didn't know tha they affected the mixture, fouling the plugs. I have a switched one on my 03 1000 and it does make a diffrence, but it is hard to tell if you are making any more power if first or second anyway, as you can't use what you allready have. You can hear the motor change pitch and lower it's idle when switched on, but it is only dramitic when the engine is cold. There might be a little better throttle response. Is it worth the $15 kit? I plan to remove it next time i open it up, I could loop it easily enought with out it.

·
sikk cylinders
1,014 Posts
I installed a TRE on my TL1000R and the results were definately noticeable. The bike was jerky on and off the throttle at low speeds. It was really unpredictable when downshifting, making a turn and getting back on the gas. To put it simply.........low speed driveability sucked! The TRE fixed it. Much smoother! I would recommend it for the tiller. I can't say for other models. Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts