Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I pulled my bike apart to find out what was wrong with the tripometer and come to find out the push button for it had broke and I'm not sure if super glue will fix it or not. But to even atempt it I need to get the speedometer face plate off and the needle has to come off first. Damn Honda don't sell just that plastic piece, you have to buy the whole speedometer assembly which www.servicehonda.com wants $187 for :rolleyes
EDIT: Well I found out I could just pull out the speedometer assembly and maybe I can fix it like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
912 Posts
You CAN remove the needle, but you don't want to. They're pre-loaded with a certain amount of tension to return them to 0, and if you remove the needle the coil spring will unwind back to its neutral position, and your speedo will need to be repaired. You'll end up having to take the bike in to get the speedo repaired either way.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I super glued the thing back on with some Krazy Glue and it only worked for a couple of times and broke again. :angry That was a lot of work just to try that, crappy plastic. Anyone have any ideas on how else to fix it or get a replacement piece?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts