Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Just another n00b
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the threads about safety and wearing gear, I was curious if they apply when riding a bicycle? I'm starting to see more and more people where helmets everyday. What are your thoughts? :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
I always use to wear a helmet when I rode my bike to classes. People drive like asses and bikes are worse then motorcycles.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
i;ve broken 3-4 bike helmets.......:nice

·
Registered
474 Posts
Keyboard Ninja said:
With all the threads about safety and wearing gear, I was curious if they apply when riding a bicycle? I'm starting to see more and more people where helmets everyday. What are your thoughts? :)
wearing :D

@xxxx{}::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

·
Registered
542 Posts
here are my thoughts. Saftey equipment is there for a reason. If you are going extreme biking or trek across the country yes it is a wise choice.

If your riding down to the mail box to check the mail ??? may be no harm.

:biggrinag

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
I used to ride BMX. Once you see a couple people get hurt while not wearing a helmet, you kinda get the idea that you should.

And some people actually want to -not- wear a motorcycle helmet? :/

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
My WORSE injuries have been while riding a bycicle, one broken leg and several broken ribs (different "accidents"). You can go as fast as 30mph, without any protection THAT HURTS!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I wear a helmet on anything that is not a car !!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Süsser Tod said:
My WORSE injuries have been while riding a bycicle, one broken leg and several broken ribs (different "accidents"). You can go as fast as 30mph, without any protection THAT HURTS!
what, your helmet didn't save you. :p

I never did wear any type of gear growing up. I survived, maybe luckily. I did land on my face once, that left a mark. We did some stupid stuff on our bikes, on soft and hard surfaces. But it never crossed our minds about getting seriously hurt. Ignorance is bliss!!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
Just got back from some off-road bicycling. Had a nice tumble down an embankment and ended up in a ball of human and bicycle at the bottom. All's well with me, but my helmet ended up getting skewered by an inch and half thick branch. Helmet saved me some pain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts