Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all Zx7s handle bars come close the frame?

On my bike if I turn the bars all the way to the right or left the grips are very close to the frame.

Also a co-worker rode his 96 to work today and I sat on his and it was worse then mine. He said he was used to it. I don't remember my 5r or 6r being this close.

·
Registered
522 Posts
omen_child said:
Yup, very close.
you got that right. it's a pain when trying to manuver a very slow right hand turn- I.E making a tight U-turn or even moving around in the garage.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tiamat said:
hey, how's that $2850 zx7 coming along, anyway? got any updated pics?
I finally got the footpeg and shifter off ebay last week. Its in the shop now for Carb cleaning and sync. It pasted MD state inspection, with one think wrong, there was no chain gaurd. The guys at the shop can't believe how much I paid for the bike. I had to email them the link just to prove it. I've only rode the bike a few times at night since I don't have tags on it. It feels good and has good power. I haven't ridden in a year so anything feels like good power to me, plus the last think I rode was a 600 a year ago, and a 500 before that. Some people are telling me the zx7rs are hard to come by is this true?

·
Registered
291 Posts
It took me awhile to find my ZX7R and now you see some here and there for sale, theres always one on ebay, but yeah i wouldnt say there easy to find

·
Procrastinator
36 Posts
There's a few around over here, but they're usually asking way too much for them. I went the path of picking a shabby one up privately, and now i'm in the process of tidying it up. It's amazing how much money you can spend once you get moving. :lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
a lot of people that own them love them and keep them, only losers sell their 7R...

jk, IBLEEDGREEN....you gonna buy another Ninja or don't you bleed green no moe!

·
Registered
317 Posts
sadly i have to sell mine...and i aint looking forward to it especially since it's about $500 from being good to go.

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
Amish Marauder said:
a lot of people that own them love them and keep them, only losers sell their 7R...

jk, IBLEEDGREEN....you gonna buy another Ninja or don't you bleed green no moe!

I'm tired of not being able to do wheelie's outside of first gear (still stock gearing). I don't ride a track, because there are none near me.

I've had me eye on the ZX 10R, but I have yet to sit my big ass on one. Alot of guys are telling me that being 6'5" @ 242 lbs, it might be too small a bike for me... :a2 ...not in engine size but in frame size. We'll see, but untill then, I sticking with my 7, we have been through alot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts