Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do they come up in first by accerlerating from 3k all the way to redline in first? My R1 did and I never ridden a 750 so I'm just wondering. Also do the 750's come w/ factory steering dampers? 00-02 Model years that is.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Its more fun when you decelerate fast and pull a rear wheelie while riding 125mph down a busy interstate with shorts and flip flops! :egrin

·
Registered
912 Posts
my 750 was awesome

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can I get legitimate replies? Do they stay down like 600's or come up like 1000s and do they come w/ steering dampers?
Thanks.

·
Registered
765 Posts
bambooi said:
Can I get legitimate replies? Do they stay down like 600's or come up like 1000s and do they come w/ steering dampers?
Thanks.
What is your reason for concern as to whether the front end comes up from 3k-redline? Stuntlife.com may be a better website to ask these types of questions...if you are seeking the opinion of someone who has knowledge in that field of study.

Concerning presence of a damper - according to gixxer.com, it does not have one.

·
Registered
912 Posts
shut - up baldman just give the kid some feed back. 750's are just as light as 600's but with power that almost matches the literbikes. They just don't have as much low end torque. They are awesomely fun bikes. No steering dampener though. They have almost the same power numbers as my 929. A good rider on a 750 can embarass a decent rider on a liter bike. What year are you looking at?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2000-2002. Thanks for the info robbieace.

The reason I want to know if it comes up or not is I didn't like to have to back off the throttle in first gear. I like the accerlation feeling. On my R1 I would have to be careful on the throttle in first or it would wheelie. I had much more fun on my 600 because I could just whack the throttle in first(on a straight) and let the bike scream. The reason I say from 3k and up is because most bikes will pop up if you say you go full throttle @ 10k.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Full throttle, the front end will get light but stay down, IF you get up on the tank and bars. No nasty surprises..

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
yes you can get the front end up just with the power, and they do come w/a stock damper

·
Registered
69 Posts
bambooi said:
Thanks.
Mine does. Wheelies are much easier to control than on the R1. Throttle is less twitchy. Redline comes much quicker though. I can go close to 100mph on my R1 in 1st. On the 750, you redline around 60-70 in first.

And yes, the 04's come stock with a steering damper. Don't know about the 00-02's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It may depend on how much you weigh.

I weight 200 and my 04 750 will not come up.

When I shift at redline from first to second it gets light and many come up an inch. Second to third at redline no.

I do not have to let off.

You can make it come up by sliding way back on the seat and use the quick close-open throttle with a tug on the bars.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Redline is first with stock gearing on an 00-03 750 is 84 mph (read it somewhere, I don't know cause I'm geared). Yes they can lift with just power, and yes they come stock with Dampers. :)

·
Gordon
124 Posts
up

bambooi said:
2000-2002. Thanks for the info robbieace.

The reason I want to know if it comes up or not is I didn't like to have to back off the throttle in first gear. I like the accerlation feeling. On my R1 I would have to be careful on the throttle in first or it would wheelie. I had much more fun on my 600 because I could just whack the throttle in first(on a straight) and let the bike scream. The reason I say from 3k and up is because most bikes will pop up if you say you go full throttle @ 10k.

From a roll in 1st just leaving the throttle wide open mine will come up
at about 8k, so you have to lean forward over the tank or shift before that.
Also in second if you run it up to about 8k and let off then nail it, the front
will come up. Winding it out from 2nd to 3rd it will keep a power wheelie (small).Stock gearing, TRE, K&N..... :leghump

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes they do come up with just power at least my '04 does and also the '04 model comes with a factory damper, but if I were you I would get a scott's damper it makes a lot of difference :dblthumb

·
Registered
24 Posts
bambooi said:
Do they come up in first by accerlerating from 3k all the way to redline in first? My R1 did and I never ridden a 750 so I'm just wondering. Also do the 750's come w/ factory steering dampers? 00-02 Model years that is.
I dont know if 00-02 models came w/ a factory damper, my 04 did. It helps a little but I would like an adjustable top mount. I think u would be better off w/ an aftermarket piece anyhow. My bike comes up easily in 1st gear just from throttle and about 1-2 ft in the air in 2nd if I dont clutch it. Im short and light at 150 lbs .

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
My 04 getts very light in second gear from 4000-14000. It did come up on me about 9 inches (second gear) going over the slightest crest of a hill, so that gives you an idea of the power of the 04's, and Im completely stock still in the break in milage (mototune break-in method). And I am leaned way up on the bike, full tuck. I have not tried redlining first because I would probably loop it.

But I dont like stunting. I have only done one weelie, and it was on this Gixxer. I felt rather squiddly for getting the tire up, but once it came down safely and without a shake (thank you steering damper) I got over it.

·
Believe It or Not........
5,339 Posts
My '96 used to get up on pure power but I would have to "blip" the throttle. I'd get it to 3k release the throttle then give it 3-4K rev and away we go!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts