Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
the human bike-rack
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day

With any luck, I'll take delivery of my long awaited Lava Red FZ6-N this week. :)

Yamaha are dribbling the FZ6-N into Australia just to meet orders. the FZ6 forum here and elsewhere has been great in part in helping me cope with the nearly two month wait!

Anyway I'd like to put a tank pad on my new babe as soon as practicable. My problem is that the nearest bike shop with a selection of tank pads is 140kms away.

However I can get my hands on some of that 3M film for protecting headlights. I think I read somewhere that someone made a tan pad from some 3M film.

My question is if anyone out there knows if the 3M film used for headlight protection is suitable for use also on paintwork ie it won't damage it? (did I say it was Lava Red :) )

cheers ...kimbo
Mission Beach, Far North Queensland, Australia

oh yeah and I promise to upload a pic of my new babe in some suitably tropical setting as soon as I take delivery

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
Lava Red huh? I wonder if thats faster than the blue???

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
kdk1899 said:
Can't be faster than the silver....

·
the human bike-rack
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kdk1899 said:
Oh I truly hope so... actually the blue isn't an option here in Australia and we only get a choice between either the naked bike or the naked bike :cool: (red, black or silver).

Thanks for the tip I'll check out the tankslapper link

cheers ...kimbo

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
Nah i dont think so either! lol

Attachments

·
2 As 1
1,121 Posts
G'day Mate (ok, that's all my aussie-speak)

I am the one who fashioned my own tank protectors and actually covered a large portion of the bike in it as well.

The ones for the headlights will be just fine, it's all the same stuff the only differrence is in the varying thickness. It wont harm your paint at all. They use the 3M product on very expensive show cars.

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts