Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
I purchased one with my bike just to hold me off before I get my Scorpio system. Its hella audible so if somebody moves the forks or just tips the bike up, its liable to go off. I almost took off with it once, so now I'm in the habit of doing:

1. Pre-ride inspections, everytime!
2. Arming/disarming my Xena when I park/get ready to go.

I think there are some alarms that come with those warning braclets that are attached with a cable to one of the clip-ons to serve as a reminder.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
kryptonite makes quite a few different locks, don't know if they are any better though

·
Registered
114 Posts
21 natas said:
kryptonite makes quite a few different locks, don't know if they are any better though
Beware of the Kryptonite locks until we all hear that they have their problems taken care of (yes, you can unlock them with a ballpoint pen). We have actually stopped carrying all Kryptonite stuff until we find out that all of their issues are resolved.

The Xena products are excellent, and if you don't have a bike alarm, it's a great option until you get one because of the added alarm on it. Our customers have had nothing but great stuff to say about them.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
The Xena products are excellent, and if you don't have a bike alarm, it's a great option until you get one because of the added alarm on it. Our customers have had nothing but great stuff to say about them.
Only con: almost too sensitive! I lock my forks too, and I pushed them to make sure they were locked and it set of the alarm. The wheel just barely moved!

·
Registered
114 Posts
mikem317 said:
Only con: almost too sensitive! I lock my forks too, and I pushed them to make sure they were locked and it set of the alarm. The wheel just barely moved!
Heck, I want my alarm to go off if someone breathes near my bike. :eek:nfloor

But yea, that would suck if it were too sensitive. I will definitely let future customers know about that part. Thanks for the info!

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
I've heard that they go through those expensive little lithium batteries like crazy. Not speaking from experience though, only what I've read in other forums.

·
Registered
424 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
Beware of the Kryptonite locks until we all hear that they have their problems taken care of (yes, you can unlock them with a ballpoint pen). We have actually stopped carrying all Kryptonite stuff until we find out that all of their issues are resolved.

Kryptonite has taken care of the problems with the ball-point pen thing, they did a recall on all locks with those type of keys. All of ther new locks use a new type of key that can't be defeated like the previous ones. No reason to "stay away" from Kryptonite, they make excellent products!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts