Sport Bikes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Flying Finn
2,594 Posts
As far as I know, the only way to R&R this joint is to drill it out and replace with a removable unit (threaded stud). I'm sure you could take it apart with a joint fork, not sure if it'd go back together with the same strength as before...

·
The Flying Finn
2,594 Posts
The following is a copy of my post in another thread about shifter linkage: Maybe you could use this method to your advantage to be able to get your linkage powder coated...

Here's the picture of the stock part that needs to be drilled out (circled in red).

Then you would install this ball joint.

Which is either item #6275K53 (right hand thread) or #6275K63 (left hand thread) from McMaster-Carr. You will need to look at the stock ball joint to see if the shank is RHT or LHT, and order the right ball joint. I can say for sure it is M6 x 1.0 threads.

Also, you would need the right spacers and washers to get the ball joint to fit snug in the hole made by drilling out the stock ball joint.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I did not take mine apart but they were able to powder coat together.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
The following is a copy of my post in another thread about shifter linkage: Maybe you could use this method to your advantage to be able to get your linkage powder coated...

Which is either item #6275K53 (right hand thread) or #6275K63 (left hand thread) from McMaster-Carr. You will need to look at the stock ball joint to see if the shank is RHT or LHT, and order the right ball joint. I can say for sure it is M6 x 1.0 threads.

Also, you would need the right spacers and washers to get the ball joint to fit snug in the hole made by drilling out the stock ball joint.
McMaster is my hero.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts