Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to buy a digital camera, never owned one before. The Canon Power Shot SD400 has caught my eye. Does anyone know anything about this camera or another camera that is good for everyday use? (I don't think I need anything near 7 megapixs.)

Also, what is a good FAITHFUL/RELIABLE place to buy a camera online? I would hate to go through all this 'research' and then have to cancel my order because of some faulty business online. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ive owned canons ever since the first powershots. IMO they are the only way to go. I have the SD300 right now and I love it and SDs are just about the smallest on the market.

As far as price, try www.newegg.com. They are very well known in the computer/electronics world and are very reliable and inexpensive. I ordered my SD300 from them and then one for my dad a week later.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I brought my first digital camera in April. I brought the Fugi S5100. It's only a 4mp camera, but suits me well. Has a 10x zoom. I guess the reason I like this camera is because it looks like a professional slr camera with the big lense. Got it from Best Buy. It may not be the best, but I'm happy with it.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
I use a Sony Mavica cd model. It burns the pic to a mini cd, bad thing is that the damn thing is huge (about the same size as a regular 35mm camera). If you want to use it on your bike I would suggest something smaller.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I recommend the Sony Cyber-Shot series. I use this one for work...

^^That specific model is obsolete now but the new ones are even better. Best thing about Sony cameras is their lens. The Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar lens provides immaculate photos with speedy zooms.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Stephen072774 said:
cool, i didn't know the sony's now had Ziess optics as well... I'm impressed!
They've had them for awhile. I have a Sony with the Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar lens. It's a 4.x MP unit that I bought three years ago for about $750. Still ticking, but I'll get another Sony once this one shits the bed. Sony makes some nasty products, including cameras, IMO.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
I have the Sony (with Zeiss lens) for when I want some nice pictures (and to mainly pose like I'm hansel fucking adams). I use my Elph when I want to have a "carry" camera on me at all times. Damned if I don't get better pics from the elph half the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts