Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
newbie question:

besides the fuel injection programming and slight body differences, what the difference between the honda cbr600rr and the f4i? ive looked at hondas site, and it doesnt really go into detail on the major differences that makes one about 500 bucks more than the other. they are both beautiful bikes, and was just curious as to the differences. handling maybe? powerband? :feedback

·
Registered
457 Posts
600RR has better suspension, its more track ready than the F4i.

i am not sure about the F4i but the 600RR's power doesn't come on till after 9000 rpms. They respond very well to modifications.. my cousin has an 03 RR with BMC Filter, V Stacks, PCIII USB and a Yoshimura full system and despite being that the bike isn't tune properly and its heavy it keeps up very well with the rest of us. I would say it has more hp than my cousin's 03 R6 with the same mods.

i think the 04 F4i also has a banana seat.

I never rode and F4i but that supsension on the 600 RR is amazing.. it turns on a dime..

funny senario.. my friend with an 02 zx 6r is riding on groved pavement off the side of the road and his hands are vibrating like crazy.. my cousin with his 03 RR rides on teh same grove pavement and his hands are pefectly steady.. the bike is just absorbing everything.. you can literaly see only the wheels moving.. the rest of the bike is stable

·
Registered
558 Posts
the f4i's ergo's are a little more forgiving than the 600rr as well, the f4i doesn't have a banana seat, but the seat is more comfortable than the 600rr.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The F4i is probably a better street bike, more forgiving, as the 600RR is more for track or intense canyon carving.

·
Registered
558 Posts
well thats gay these look much better

but I guess now that the 600rr's are out they don't need to give the f4i's cool seats.

·
Registered
457 Posts
if you also look at the controls of the 04 vs the 03 .. the handle bars are more upright.. i guess they went for ergo's on the 04.. tried to make it more sport tourer orientated and made the RR keep the full sport mode.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I could not disagree more about the seats. I had an F4 and would never own an old style F4i because of the seats. I'm not going racing, so why would I want an uncomfortable racing seat. On the off chance I might have a passenger, the F4i is much more reasonable than the RR. IMO only a total squid or track junkie would take an RR over the F4i.

·
Registered
912 Posts
They are the same bikes but the 600 rr has a better suspension. It also makes a few more horsepower. If it were me i would buy the F4i

·
Registered
69 Posts
exactly, if they didnt change the F series to be more comfortable they'd just be cannabalizing their sales in the supersport catagory

·
Registered
983 Posts
robbieace said:
They are the same bikes but the 600 rr has a better suspension. It also makes a few more horsepower. If it were me i would buy the F4i
Why wouldn't you choose the one with the better suspension?

·
Registered
912 Posts
You don't need it unless you are on the track. I am not saying that the f4i has bad suspension(all sportbike are awesome) but you just wont use it to it capebilities on the street

·
Registered
649 Posts
f2benny said:
I could not disagree more about the seats. I had an F4 and would never own an old style F4i because of the seats. I'm not going racing, so why would I want an uncomfortable racing seat. On the off chance I might have a passenger, the F4i is much more reasonable than the RR. IMO only a total squid or track junkie would take an RR over the F4i.
Me too, I like the seat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think the only thing that has changed on the F4i since 2001 is that 04 has the banana seat which adds a little weight. Which IMO looks kinda nasty, but damn is it more confortable then my 02.

·
Registered
456 Posts
the two bikes arent no where near the same. ppl need to realize this. that would be liek saying the 954 and the 1kRR. those two are completely different.

the 6RR motor is totally different then the F4i. they dont share one part at all.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've owned both bikes. In fall of 2001 I bought an '02' F4i red/grey exactly the one posted above. I still have the '03' CBR600RR. In comparison the F4i was not as quick out of the hole. It had less horsepower. It was a lot more comfie. The transmission was not as smooth. I put 14500 miles on the F4i before I sold it in March of '03'. The RR has a flawless transmission. the motor was totally redesigned for the RR. The ergos are much more aggressive. It cranked from start to finish. I love this bike. The suspension is much better quality with a Showa rear shock. The new swingarm gave it a rock solid feeling. I put 23,000 miles on it last year.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
59 Posts
f2benny said:

Now..that wasn't very nice ta say..was it? :twofinger

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
I think the banana seat on the 04 looks good. I've got an F3 so maybe I'm a little biased.
But if you're into riding girls on the back I'd rather have the F4i than the 600RR.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have an 04 F4i and I can ride that thing all day long and don't hurt much at all. I don't really like how you sit up more in the front. As far as people riding on the back I gave a friend of mine sister a ride and she didn't hate it. But on his older GSXR she had marks on her legs from riding on the back. I love the bike but I do wish it had some more get and go now that I have become a better rider.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts