Sport Bikes banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
The Santee Tony
879 Posts
Nuke_MM said:
yeah, the f4 obviously isn't the best bike to start on, but it's not unreasonable in the least. its no doubt a very quick bike and can get a jackass in over his head real quick, but its by no means "scary" fast and barely lifts the front (~1ft) w/ a hard launch in first (unless you pin the throttle and drop the clutch). unfortunately for f4 owners, banana seat=:barf
:twofinger

:banana

·
Official SBN token hunter
2,115 Posts
kevinwilly said:
The Cbr F4i is basically the same as the F4, but fuel injected. Made from 01-present. In 04 they switched the style of seat to a once piece instead of a split seat.
so the split seat for the F4i's were only '01-'03? the earlier CBR Fseries seats one piece ('00 and older) & the newer ones ('04+) are one piece too?

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
He meant CC, not physical size. Because its a well known fact that you need 160 HP to cruise the freeway. :D

On the other hand I agree with him. I own an F4i and it is buzzy on the freeway. I disagree about the power. It is all there, just in a small RPM range way up top. That is why touring bikes like the FJR and ST all have big motors. Roll on passing power from low RPMs is a great thing.

·
Registered
376 Posts
cheekybeast said:
good question. Im sitting at about 15000 miles I THINK, i lost track after about 10,000.... how about you?

F4 makes a fine starter bike if you arent an idiot, disagree if you want its my opinion, it's also my opinion that ninja 250r's are poop.
Dont worry, in my opinion all Kawi's are poop :lao

and I agree, if you have a good head the F4 is fine. If your a knob who just wants to get on and go fast then its not.. it's pretty simple.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hornetsnest said:
Then how are the 600CCs "too small" for you?
lol, people who think they "need" a Busa or zx-14 crack me up.. any 600cc bike will do 0-60 in what, just over 3 seconds? and 1/4 mile in what, 10's? 11's? Damn, those things are slow, heh

Im glad I have a huge cock so I dont need an overweight straight line machine to make me feel superior.. I dont give a fu*k how fast the Busa is, I will still spank its ass on anything other then a drag race on my little 600. :neener

In my experience, and I know (and have known) several Busa owners and every single 1 of them has been/is an image thing. Not because there is anything special, just because they are big power bikes, apparently portrays some kind of image I guess. Like the person that buys a 1982 Mercedez just so they can say "Ya I own a Benz" lol. and I QUOTE 1 of them "Its ugly as hell, fat and heavy... but it's a busa man! I had to get one"

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
Hornetsnest said:
Then how are the 600CCs "too small" for you?
OK Rascus i implore you to have a sarcasm disclaimer to be used every time someone posts anything hinting of sarcasm. He rides a busa,i know its hard to figure out but its a joke get it. jeez.Internet know it alls.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I like the 01-03 F4i. Of course I'm prejudice. They were more comfy than the RR for everday street riding, have more than enough power and a lower seat height - that's a really big deal if you're only 5'4" in boots.

Others in here have disagreed, but I wouldn't recommend any of them as a first bike. With the bad habits I had when I was learning on my 250 I would've dumped the F4i plenty of times...

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
bob12312357 said:
OK Rascus i implore you to have a sarcasm disclaimer to be used every time someone posts anything hinting of sarcasm. He rides a busa,i know its hard to figure out but its a joke get it. jeez.Internet know it alls.
The thing is, he WASN'T joking. He really thinks he needs the Busa.

And i gotta say, MOST the time i think people with Busa's are total posers. I'm right 9.9% of the time.

But a good friend of mine has one. When i first met him, i only knew that he was into bikes. I was like: "that's cool!"

Then we went for a ride, and it turns out the one guy at my school that had the Busa i'd been seeing around was HIM. So i was like, "maybe this guy is really a fucktard and i couldn't tell right away"

Turns out he's one of the coolest guys i know. He even let me keep my bike in his heated garage all winter, and drove with me to Kansas to get my Triumph.

He ALSO drag races every weekend, and actually is now a partial owner of the local dragstrip.

So yeah, not ALL Busa owners are the same. Just most of them.

The Busa is a REALLY comfy bike, though. For cruising around, it's great- and it can hold it's own in the twisties. They're not so bad.

But when people that have them act like certain individuals in this thread.... it makes me mad.

Oh yeah- my buddy is talking about getting an F4i to hit the twisties with. So there you go....

:)

·
Sexual Chocolate
2,212 Posts
BigBikesRock said:
I'm 6'1 and weigh 185lbs.
I'm 6'3 and 200lbs and 600's feel really comfortable. [email protected]#$ gettin a busa' those things scare the living piss outta me.

I rode a F4i and it was fun, really comfy. It was my first ride on a sportbike and learned and adjusted quickly too it after stalling out like a n00b (....4 times). haha but that was just nerves. I'm not tryin to give advice but level headedness helps with this sport from what i've read.

So :google is your friend and the search bar. Also, people who you can meet up with and teach ya things. Also MSF is a big thing on here :bowdown

·
Registered
1 Posts
Generally speaking, the newer the model the smaller and more painful it is. In real world riding you won't notice anything else really.

Starter bike? Ha. Many thought the F4 was actually a faster bike than the F4i for the track, though they're all about the same. If you have a lot of dirt experience you'll probably be okay. If you have no experience at all there's no way in hell I could recommend it. Master something smaller first if you want to be a better overall rider. Don't forget to buy some decent kit to go with it, which is about a grand minimum. It could save you thousands in hospital bills when you slide down the street. Just speaking from experience...

21 - 35 of 35 Posts