Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey can anyone give a little help here. 2003 zx12r muzzy exhaust, muzzy alumin fans, jardine rt one slip on, muzzy billet reed block off plates, pc iiir, bmc air filter. when i come to a stop the bike dies for now appearent reason. This only happens some of the time, not allways. but the bike is warm, and has been running for sometime. could it be the throttle position sensor? :banned

·
Registered
360 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing

I'm FI '04 FZ6 I-4.

week ago I notice stumbles/hesitations like I was momentarily kill switched. After 20-30 miles noticing stumbles I pull up to a stop and she stalls? WTF?? I keep checking as I'm on the highway on the way to work, won't idle. Let her sit the day and she starts fine, no further problems for the 20mile ride home? Next day starts fine, then more stumbles won't idle once warm?? I call the dealer?? bring it in. I tried a tank of premium (87 reccommended for bike) Did it the next day on the way to the dealer, they let it sit and voila' when they check they can't reproduce (duh). So I look like a beehive explaining, "makes a ping-ping" kinda scenario. I put another tank of 87 in her, two hundred miles now and ?? ghost-b-gone?? I called back the dealer to follow-up and they said could b lot's of things working it's way through the FI system? I wonder when it's gonna do it again and it's driving me nuts!! They said if it does to be careful with injector cleaners, but that's an option, just ratio it down for the bike fuel amount in tank.

Sorry for no further options?

·
Banned
245 Posts
if its the TPS it would prob have a hard time at idle or acceleration

can be a map sensor

got a vacuum leak

module/ecm/spark controller going bad

your clutch isn't fully engaged

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fiero thanks dude its deff not the first you listed could be a problem with the dnojet mapping or any of the others thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts