Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Professional Loser
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday after leaving work I was in a great mood and was ready for my ride home. Leaving out the front gate I got a little too excited and wacked the throttle open while I was going about 30-35 and the bike jumped up faster than I had ever experienced. In less than a second the bike was scraping its tail on the road and ended up falling to its right side. I landed right on my ass in the sitting position and knew immediatley my tailbone was broke. I slid to a stop in the sitting position the whole way. When I got up I noticed that my exhaust pipe was completly ripped off and oil was everywhere. I had never done something so stupid on any of my bikes before. I felt like a complete dumbass as other coworkers stopped to help me move my bike. A cute chick I work with gave me a ride to the hospital. She was in the room with me when the nurses came to look at me and, as if wrecking my bike around everyone I work with wasn't embarassing enough, they strated spreading my cheeks open to see if I had any tears in my anus right in front of her. Today I feel fine. I have a little pain sitting but not too bad. My bike was in mint comdition before this but now has some scrapes on the fairings, no midpipe or can, and a shattered engine cover. I'm just happy it wasn't worse. I wasn't hurt very bad and my bike should be an easy and not so expensive fix. I'll see when I start taking it apart. On the brite side I needed an oil change anyway. Damn I feel dumb. I hope someone can learn from my mistake. Never get complacent on your bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Ouch, other than that your scrape free right? Thats a bad one, Guess you might need to sit on somethin really.....soft

·
Registered
522 Posts
that sucks dude, must be embarrassing as hell. don't know if you're a newb, but that is a reason lots of people do not recommend 600SS for a first bike.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Sorry but I lol when you said about the hot chick w/you and the nurse spread your cheeks (o)

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Lok said:
that sucks dude, must be embarrassing as hell. don't know if you're a newb, but that is a reason lots of people do not recommend 600SS for a first bike.
Thats a R6 not a 600ss

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
ohh bummer and OWWWW!! glad your ok!

·
Registered
926 Posts
dennisred69 said:
Thats a R6 not a 600ss
lol, your kidding, right?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I feel your pain man, been there, done that. Fortunately for me, I landed it, but it scared the crap out of me. It only cost me a taillight and tail section, and it made me put a 12 o'clock bar on the bike for a while (mine had wheels) to kinda absorb a little of that if it happened again.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
As much as I didn't wanna see your ass, looks like that hurt. All I can say is if you were wearing proper gear at least you wouldn't have to sit on an inflatable donut while your skin heals. I'm not gonna comment on the wheelie, because you already made an ass of yourself just fine, no need to pour salt in the wounds.

·
Registered
981 Posts
ouch. talk about an ego buster. its embarassing enough doing it by urself w/o no1 around, but when all the people u work with see u, that sucks even worse

·
Registered
926 Posts
dennisred69 said:
Yes I am Im having a bad day so I was joking around

well if i lived in PA and were 21, i would buy you a beer. :)

·
Professional Loser
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the compliment Japbike. I was wearing my gear. Helmet, leather jacket, gloves, and steal toe boots. People at work all ride Harleys only wear sunglasses and make fun of all the gear I wear but I showed them....sorta..not really. The Khakis I wore to work didn't give too much protection though. Leather pants wouldn't have saved my tail bone from being broken either and the rash doesn't really hurt except in the shower.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
ooops my bad...... :D

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hmmm, think i could have gotten the idea of what happened to your ass without the pic, but eh, thanks for the visuals...
i once broke my tailbone...the absolute worse bone to break man because they cant put a cast on it! i couldnt sit without a donut for like 1 month. god it sucked. goodluck man

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Gasm said:
Damn I feel dumb. I hope someone can learn from my mistake. Never get complacent on your bike.
Best part of the entire thread. Seems everyone else wants to say, wear gear (from what I can tell he was), is this your first bike, blah, blah, blah. He admitted his mistake and hopes people learn from it. Always one who feels the need to miss the important part of the thread.

Ok, i'm done :twofinger

·
Registered
753 Posts
sorry

I appreciate you admitting your mistake, it takes a real man to stand up and admit when he makes a dumb move. I feel form yor bike damage ,that is more painfull than the superficial road rash. A hard lesten learned, but one that will not soon be forgotten!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts