Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Superbike Race 1 was filled with drama and more than made up for the boring GP race.

Since the season is almost over I'm really curious about Cameron Beaubier. Where do you guys think he'll go next season?

The obvious answer is to stay with Graves but who will he replace? Or can a factory run 3 bikes in AMA?

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I'm hoping he can get a Moto2 ride. The kid has a lot of talent and he already has experience in Europe. He was winning races in DSB when he was riding what was basically a stock R6 off the showroom floor. I think he's America's best shot at a future in GPs.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be awesome... But has any American ever jumped from Supersport straight to Europe?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fortunately, he still has a real chance at Europe, because when I was gawking into the paddock as I walked down pit lane on Saturday, I managed to realize he just jumped off a golf cart in front of me and I managed not to steamroll him.

Sure, he made a bold pass on me coming off the cart, but racing is racing....err, walking.

I think I weigh at least 9x as much as he does. Which is good because I think being tiny is more and more critical in racing, especially in Moto.

Josh Herrin and Martin Cardenas were super friendly at the fan walk and I would like to see them go to Europe and be successful. Apparently, that is already on the back of Herrin's mind since he admits that Beaubier and Yamaha must have been looking to oust him before he ended up looking to be the likely champion this year.

AMA Superbike race 1 was absolutely mind-blowing for those of us who waited out the red flag cleanup.....I can't remember seeing that much passing on TV, ever, and was lucky enough to be there. The Supersport race 1 was obviously spectacular as well, but I was at the wrong section and there was no passing there.....the guys just kept coming around in different positions.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's a good point. I was sure they would push Herrin out to make room for Beaubier but then Herrin stepped it up this year so idk.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
That would be awesome... But has any American ever jumped from Supersport straight to Europe?
I don;t think so, but he has already competed in the Red Bull Rookies Cup in 2007 and finished the season in 6th with a win at the Sachsenring. If he still has contacts over there he may have a shot. He'd be a great grab for any Moto2 team.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Baubier is Marc Marquez's good friend. Baubier raced against him in the Red Bull Rookies Cup.

I could see Baubier in Moto 2 next year.

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
Very good racing. MotoGP in morning. WSBK late morning early afternoon. AMA through mid afternoon. Funniest part was when beIN was showing crowd shots of the good people of Istanbul in the stands before race two of WSBK. I lost count of the people wearing Sons of Anarchy shirts!:lao:lao:lao

1 - 8 of 8 Posts