Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
haha...I was thinking about the same thing this afternoon when I visit the bike shop for cloths...

I am also considering the armored shirt to wear inside, and cover the outside with sweater or a jacket...

·
Registered
503 Posts
I think you need the majority of protection on any part of your upper body that is sharp, IE the shoulders, elbows, and hands. I haven't seen the Dianese shirt so I don't know what all it covers, but I think you'd be fine with just the jacket. The majority of the mesh jackets I have heard of failing, tear apart in the shoulder/elbow area.

Just my opinion, though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stang Man said:
I think you need the majority of protection on any part of your upper body that is sharp, IE the shoulders, elbows, and hands. I haven't seen the Dianese shirt so I don't know what all it covers, but I think you'd be fine with just the jacket. The majority of the mesh jackets I have heard of failing, tear apart in the shoulder/elbow area.

Just my opinion, though.
My concern is that the shirt is an open fish-net mesh and I think it wouldn't hold very wellina crash, so I would want to wear it under something. Really I like this idea because it offers a higher level of armor than I've seen from other summer jackets. (The Dainese shirt is not designed to be worn by itself, rather under a leather jacket with the armor removed).

-Adam

·
Registered
503 Posts
If you're worried about your back, it sounds like a winner. Be sure to get a mesh jacket that has hard armor as well as some sort of closed cell foam in the shoulder and elbow areas.

Another option for you may be to get a back protector, although I'm sure the Dianese shirt most likely has some sort of back protection incorporated into it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Damn, I was envisioning a sleeveless shirt with a little bit of closed cell foam, but nothing like that!

In that case, I'd look for a mesh jacket with removeable armor, although I couldn't help you there as I ride in leather only :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
freeride said:
Besides the look, if you remove the pads from a JR Phoenix jacket...what's the point?
to wear over the Dainese body suit. I haven't found any summer suits that I feel have adequate protection so that's why I'm looking at the Dainese. The only thing is it is designed to go under a jacket (besides I would look goofy as hell wearing that thing on the outside. Look great if I had a good body, but on me it would be just plain silly).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts